14 Sep Autumn Town Planning Jobs and Market Update
This summer has certainly been busy one. As Graduation drew closer, the job market was flooded with a high volume of town planning graduates eager to make their way into the industry. We’ve been in constant contact with some exceptional students to offer advice and support during this busy and often confusing transition to help them make the most of the opportunities available, and begin exciting new careers. However, the approaching autumn season is also heralding a shift in employer focus. The demand for fresh graduates is waning rapidly, as most positions are being filled by high calibre candidates and although there are still opportunities available, they are becoming few and far between.
Now, our clients are searching for more than a great graduate, they’re asking us to help them find highly experienced and talented planners. With a range of new projects and schemes in the pipeline many consultancies are looking to expand, build and develop by successfully hiring skilled staff to ensure a strong team is in place.
However, building the perfect team to support and structure a consultancy is no easy feat. It is not simply a matter of finding somebody with the right qualifications. It is finding an individual who is not only successful in their field, but is also aligned to the ideals of that business. It is the art of matching candidates and cultures.
A candidate with a desirable skill set can always find a job, but we’re in the business of building long lasting careers. This is why we make sure to work closely with both our clients and candidates, to build a better relationship and understanding with them. We aim to create the perfect fit, to open doorways and explore opportunities that might not have been readily available before.
By partnering with Lewis Davey, we are able provide a personal tailored service. We specialise in working exclusively with our candidates to achieve their goals. We ensure you have explored all the options open, rather than being pigeonholed or pushed towards the first available vacancy.
If you would be interested in discussing new opportunities and further progressing your career, please send your CV email@example.com
· Director of Planning – Hampshire
· Director of Planning – Kent – Infrastructure
· Director of Planning – Surrey – Property
· Associate Planner – Oxford, Kent, London, Reading, West Sussex – Property
· Associate Planner – Birmingham, Cambridge, London
· Strategic Senior Planner – Bedfordshire, Essex, Reading – Policy
· Senior Planners – Bedfordshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Derbyshire, Essex, East Sussex, Hampshire, Kent, London, Reading, West Sussex, Wiltshire.
· Planning Consultants – Bedfordshire, Birmingham, Bristol, Bournemouth, Cambridge, Derbyshire, Essex, East Sussex, Gloucestershire, Hertfordshire, Kent, London, Norfolk, Reading, Suffolk, Surrey, Warwickshire, West Sussex
If we do not have an active role that matches your interest, then we encourage you to call us. 4 out of 10 candidates we place are recruited into roles created by our clients to specifically accommodate the candidates skill set and requirements.