20 Oct Associate Director ESG
Associate Director – ESG
Lewis Davey is recruiting for an Associate Director due to growth within our client’s demands for strategic and technical sustainability consultancy at corporate level. This is a leadership position within the projects and contributing to the continued growth of the UK ESG consulting.
You will leverage the diverse range of expertise across the business - including specialists in sustainability, sustainable masterplanning, climate resilience, building performance, social value, energy, circular economy, waste management, and more - to bring an integrated sustainability offering to clients at a portfolio and organisational level, focussing on the corporate / commercial sector.
Working with the rest of the UK S&P team and in close partnership with stakeholders across other teams, this role will contribute to positioning of our client as a provider of world-class sustainability consultancy expertise. Whilst you will have a focus on the UK market, you will also support our global ESG offer, partnering closely with stakeholders in other regions (particularly the US) inputting to service offer development and project delivery as required.
- Leading and delivering strategic ESG Consultancy with high profile clients in the UK.
- Helping to achieve our Sustainability commitments in our Global Sustainability Report.
- Actively using your network to seek out and securing new business streams which will lead to profitable consultancy work.
- Leadership of a project team, line management of individuals, and contribution to the overall regional strategy for the UK Sustainability & Physics team.
- Increasing the connections and integration between related disciplines (e.g Asset Consultancy, Analytics,, Digital Consulting, et al), and the ESG Consulting offering, ensuring that we are able to offer a fully integrated, holistic approach to our clients.
- Elevating the visibility and improving the positioning of the client as a provider of ESG Consultancy services in the UK.
- Active collaboration with the Global Sustainability Partner and sustainability teams elsewhere in the practice (e.g. US, Europe, etc.).
- Supporting clients in solving the sustainability challenges associated with their business operations.
- Engaging and partnering with clients at an executive level to develop strategic alliances and sell sustainability consultancy services.
- Working closely with clients in an advisory capacity to identify their sustainability challenges and propose solutions which leverage our client’s multidisciplinary expertise (both UK and globally).
- Championing and delivering the potential of collaborative integrated working offered by the organisation to clients.
- Leading a number of key ESG client accounts.
Technical and Thought Leadership
- Active participation in regional industry bodies, networks, academia and events in order to assess and respond to current and emerging trends.
- Supporting the development of ESG-specific sustainability expertise in the UK team.
- Displaying sustainability leadership both internally and externally through the application of broad sustainability expertise and insights.
- Maintaining and developing industry recognition.
- Presenting confidently to clients an authoritative voice, valuable insights.
Project and Team Leadership
- Leading ESG Consulting projects, taking responsibility for delivery and client interaction.
- Taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Directing multiple projects across the group, taking responsibility for the Sustainability solutions while ensuring financial success.
- Line management of employees within your office and potentially elsewhere.
- Winning work – actively identifying and converting existing leads into revenue streams.
- Reviewing financial and technical submissions/proposals; attending interviews.
- Developing and maintaining key client relationships under all circumstances, maximizing opportunities for repeat business.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Integrates a deepening focus on risk and issues facing clients and other team members; Identifies and develops opportunities for and with the client and communicates these effectively.
- Is seen as a role model; strives to behave in a positive and inspiring manner at all times. Drives an innovative and inclusive culture and encourages others to do the same.
- Develops and maintains internal and external networks and relationships. Is able to call upon a wide range of contacts; puts colleagues in touch with internal and external contacts.
- Collaborates across regions, groups and disciplines to enable integrated working across the practice. Attends cross-region meetings and forums; shares information with regions, groups and disciplines in a timely manner.
- Keeps up-to-date with new technology and industry research and ideas and seeks opportunities to apply this to enhance the reputation of the client; produces papers and articles to generate and develop current thinking.
Experience / Qualifications
You will be a recognised sustainability practitioner, with a strong track-record supporting corporate clients with their sustainability challenges.
Ideally you will demonstrate the following;
- You’ll have a demonstrable track record in ESG Consulting.
- Experience in both the strategy and implementation phases of consultancy.
- You will have a network of clients and collaborators and be able to demonstrate evidence of business development.
- Experience working with end-user clients to solve their sustainability challenges.
- Familiar with the AEC industry and able to combine technical and sustainability strategies as a commercial solution for clients.
- Ideally you will have an active presence in academic contexts - lecturing at universities and/or writing relevant papers, for example.
- Relevant academic qualifications and professional registration.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.