19 Jan ESG Manager, Private Markets
Lewis Davey is working on an exciting opportunity for an experienced ESG Manager to join one of the world's leading private multi-asset alternative investment firms. Our client, with over $160 billion of assets under management, creates lasting impact for their investors, teams, businesses, and communities in which they operate. Since their founding, they've organically expanded into several asset classes including private equity, credit, public equity, venture capital, and real estate.
The ESG Manager will be a part of the ESG team and will report to the Global Head of ESG. They will specialize in ESG, impact measurement and reporting across the private equity, private market, and capital markets portfolios.
- Contribute to ESG integration in Private Equity, including innovations and tool development to drive impact
- Research select ESG topics which are priorities for the firm and business units
- Lead firmwide carbon measurement, reduction, and evaluation of high-quality projects
- Work with the global portfolio ESG team in Private Equity and individual portfolio companies as needed to drive ESG performance
- Contribute to ESG measurement and tracking approach, including data collection process and improvement initiatives
- Assist in developing the firm's communications around ESG, sustainability and manage development of ESG Annual Report
- Prepare investor communications and lead firmwide ESG reporting for Private Equity (e.g., UN PRI)
- Build the reporting vehicles to update key audiences on the firm's approach to ESG issues
- Engage with portfolio companies and external partners on ESG initiatives
- Work closely with a wide variety of internal stakeholders spanning all of the firm’s business units and geographies, including deal teams, portfolio teams, and investor relations.
- Excellent research, analytical, written, and core communications abilities, the strongest of which is writing
- Strong team player with an entrepreneurial predisposition and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with personnel across senior levels of the firm
- Self-starter with strong project management and follow-through skills
- Detail-oriented, conscientious, and energetic professional with the ability to think creatively and independently
- An innate sense of curiosity that enhances the telling of the firm's story
- Can-do attitude; willingness to take on any task, big or small
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor's Degree; strong academic credentials (Masters Degree is a plus)
- 6-10 years post-undergraduate experience; financial services, sustainability, and ESG is a plus
- Experience with knowledge management
- Superior written, project, and aural communication skills
- Ability to interface successfully and collaboratively with numerous internal stakeholders
- Experience working with senior management.
This role will be based in Boston and will collaborate daily with the investment team, portfolio group, and portfolio companies, external partners, and other members of the firm's platform. We are looking for a mission-driven individual with experience in project management, familiarity with impact and ESG frameworks, and a passion for driving change in companies.
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience, please apply today or contact Lewis Davey for more information.