09 Jan ESG Manager
ESG Manager/ Analyst
At Lewis Davey, we are seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join a major Real Estate Development and Investment company as their new ESG Manager. In this role, you will support the delivery of our clients ESG strategy across the group. This includes overseeing data management and environmental reporting, supporting the delivery of corporate sustainability targets, and working with on-site teams to ensure the successful implementation of sustainability projects at the asset level.
- Support the Head of ESG to deliver and promote their ESG strategy through collaboration with the wider business
- Oversee all data and benchmark reporting, as required, for internal and external audiences (investors, JV partners, GRESB etc.)
- Ensure energy, water and waste data capture and reporting processes are effective and environmental management information is up to date and accurate for key internal and external reporting
- Oversee the maintenance of ISO140001 and ISO 50001 accreditations for Energy and Environmental Management Systems (EEMS) in accordance with company objectives
- Proactively monitor asset-level compliance with prevailing or future regulatory requirements
- Work with retailers to support their own sustainability initiatives
- Oversee the project management of portfolio wide major approved environmental initiatives delivered by on-site and specialist teams, to deliver savings required on time and in budget
- Collate, analyse and report on ESG projects and data to demonstrate ESG performance aligned to company targets and business plans from both an asset and corporate perspective
- Support the production and provide data for annual and sustainability reports.
- Work with the Asset Management, Property Management and Operations Teams and/or contractors to identify, develop, and obtain approval for projects which address energy, waste and water etc.
- Work with Asset Management and Development teams to ensure ESG projects are correctly incorporated into the annual Business Planning process
- Identify and implement innovative technology and initiatives to improve asset ESG performance including working closely with external property managers (i.e. JLL, Savills)
- Work with the Community Manager and assets in delivery of events and projects aligned to the company community and volunteering strategy.
Person Specification: Knowledge and Experience
Strong academic education and qualifications (ideally degree-level).
Ideally qualifications in ESG.
- Experience of ESG, particularly environmental & carbon emissions reporting
- Good understanding of broader ESG regulations/market from a corporate perspective, ideally real estate
- Excellent data management and reporting skills
- Experience with external benchmarking
- Proven ability of working with key stakeholders including both internal and external parties
- Previous real estate, or retail/leisure experience
- Understanding of ISO140001/50001 requirements
- Experience of building management systems and waste solutions
- Experience of project reporting