20 Oct Managing Consultant – Specialisation in Net Zero
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to fill the role of Managing Consultant to support our clients UK Climate Resilience - Net Zero Carbon delivery offering. This senior position offers a very exciting opportunity to help high profile real estate investment managers meet the decarbonisation targets for their portfolios and drive real impact to our planet and people.
If you are passionate about making a positive impact and have a strong technical background in energy and carbon, then we would love to hear from you.
The core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Net Zero Carbon / Energy Management
- Planning, completion and write-up of technical building level net zero carbon and energy assessments.
- Support development of net zero strategies for clients through investment lifecycle.
- Establishing energy and carbon reduction targets for clients, including top-down methodologies such as science-based targets.
- Provide project management of energy improvement programmes, serving as point of contact for clients, tracking deliverables, and producing or delegating work to meet deadlines
- Collaborate with team members and provide technical expertise on energy management.
- Establish thought leadership by authoring blog posts, delivering presentations, and being active in industry organisations.
- Ability to work in a team under supervision and to lead on individual tasks when required.
- Initiative to work independently, with the self-motivation and enthusiasm to learn and develop new skills and expertise.
Essential Skills & Requirements
The right candidate must have the following essential skills:
- Personal passion for net zero and energy management.
- Depth of technical knowledge of sustainability issues and application to real estate.
- Energy audit experience with understanding of HVAC systems for commercial buildings
- Detailed understanding of current and forthcoming energy legislation within UK and Europe.
- Detailed understanding of energy market and drivers within UK and Europe
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and technical aptitude
- Degree or Masters in Engineering, Architecture, Geography, or similar technical education or experience
- Commitment to professional excellence through active involvement and membership in an appropriate and recognised professional body
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage own time to deliver best in class service to clients
Benefits to The Successful Candidate
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually in line with industry averages
- Attractive discretionary bonus structure
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Pension scheme (with staff contribution matched)
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 days by year 7 (plus public holidays) (for part time employees, we will adjust the entitlement on a pro rata basis)
- Additional 5 days holiday every three years to support one month sabbatical
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4, with 37.5 hour working week)
- Flexible lunch break
- Remote/home working in agreement with line manager
- Two days per year to volunteer for charity
- Excellent ongoing professional development support
- Generous maternity package
- Multiple locations – London, Bolton, (dependent on role)
- Plus: Bike2Work scheme; payroll giving and more