16 Mar Managing Sustainability Consultant
London Or Greater Manchester
Lewis Davey is in search of a motivated and skilled individual to join our clients sustainability consultancy team as a Managing Consultant. This role presents an exciting opportunity to work with renowned blue-chip companies, providing a range of sustainability services, and the potential for secondment opportunities with clients. The ideal candidate should possess a strong passion for their work and a drive to achieve excellence. Additionally, they should demonstrate a commercially astute and innovative mindset when delivering client solutions.
Our client is an independent, pan-European sustainability consultancy specialising in the commercial real estate sector. They offer a comprehensive range of services to their clients, including sustainability consulting and management software, SIERA. Their clientele consists of real estate investment organisations. You will be joining a team of highly skilled and passionate professionals who are experts in their respective fields. They are committed to delivering an exceptional level of service, utilizing their extensive experience to provide practical and tailored solutions that are easy to understand and cater to each client's specific needs.
The core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, client account and programme management with full account P&L responsibilities for mid to upper tier engagements – across multiple property and investment management clients. This will include:
- Leading on the ongoing development of Sustainability/ESG/Climate strategy, from corporate policy frameworks, to fund and asset level programmes, with a focus on climate resilience.
- Using the clients proprietary ESG software, to coordinate detailed, accurate monitoring of ESG data to support internal and external reporting, net zero strategies and asset-level sustainability improvement programmes.
- Client and external stakeholder relationship management, including engagement with heads of sustainability, executive teams, fund and asset managers, property and facilities management teams.
- Exploring and converting new business opportunities, including writing proposals, pitches, and general business development activities.
- Responsibility for revenue, P&L, resourcing as well as leading and managing a team of Senior Consultants, Consultants and Junior Consultants.
- Coordination and management of asset level initiatives, including net zero carbon audits and green building certification e.g., BREEAM In-Use.
- Leading on sustainability disclosure / reporting advisory and management (e.g. GRESB, INREV, UNPRI, TCFD, SFDR, REEB BBP, ESOS)
- Supporting industry engagement through representation at industry groups, attending conferences, etc.
Essential skills and Qualifications
The right candidate must have the following essential skills:
- Proven sustainability programme management capability
- Degree or Masters in related subject & membership of an appropriate and recognised professional body (e.g. IEMA)
- A passion for furthering the sustainability agenda
- Highly articulate and numerate
- Strong people skills
- Advanced IT skills
- Detailed understanding of UK and European reporting conventions, including environmental legislation
Desirable skills & Requirements
The right candidate may have the following desired skills:
- Knowledge of TCFD, SFDR and net zero strategies, social value and / or health and wellbeing
- Experience working in the commercial real estate industry
- Experience in managing GRESB submissions
- Technical understanding of HVAC systems for commercial buildings
- Second language desirable but not essential
- Staff management experience
- Experience of pan-European client work
We are looking to fill this role immediately, so if this sounds like an opportunity for you, apply now. If you have any questions get in contact with our hiring consultant Adele at email@example.com.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.