17 Jan SAP Assessor
Energy Assessor (OCDEA)
This business is an award winning consultancy firm that works with some of the leading UK housebuilders and developers, delivering high quality energy and sustainability advice and assessments to the construction and property industries. Amongst their specialist services, they pride themselves on the quality and accuracy of the calculations that they undertake as part of their residential energy assessments using the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP).
Due to their continued growth, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, self-motivated energy assessor to produce energy assessments and Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for large national developers using the Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) methodology. This is a home based role as no site visits are required as part of the New-Build SAP/EPC process.
The successful candidate will be a team player with the ability to build good working relationships with clients. Good attention to detail is essential as the role requires a high degree of accuracy and organisation skills.
Job responsibilities include:
- Provision of high volumes of SAP assessments and EPCs to ensure our clients achieve compliance with Part L and EPCs are issued in a timely
- Providing high quality consultancy and written reports at land purchase and planning stage to ensure that planning requirements are
- Active engagement with the client and design team to ensure that sustainability requirements are taken into consideration and achieved over the lifecycle of the development.
- Utilization of resources from within the team to ensure that the client receives timely, high quality advice and
- Be an accredited On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor
- Be conversant with Building Regulations throughout the UK and in particular in relation to the conservation of fuel and power
Candidates will preferably:
- Be computer literate and have a good level of general education, particularly in Maths, Science and
- Be a licensed Code for Sustainable Homes assessor
- Have experience of leading the delivery of sustainability services in relation to large, complex residential/mixed use schemes
- Have experience of providing consultancy at planning stage and writing energy/sustainability strategies
- Have a good working knowledge of the non-residential development
- Have an ability to visualise in 3D and interpret technical drawings
- Be able to self manage a busy and time-critical schedule of work
- Have prior experience in a client-facing situation
- Have excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Be a team player and maintain good humour in times of stress
- Be self motivated and able to deal with a fast-moving, high pressure environment
- Familiar with planning requirements and experienced in the production of planning reports
- Conversant with M&E specifications
What We Offer:
- Salary range of £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
- 25 days annual holiday allowance plus statutory days and a holiday buy/sell scheme
- Contributory pension
- Discretionary bonus
- Staff social events
- Flexible Hours
Contract: Full time, permanent position - a six-month probation period applies.
Deadline for Applications: The post will remain open until a suitable candidate is found Start Date: ASAP