20 Oct Senior Consultant – Deliver Net Zero
Senior Consultant – Deliver for Zero (Real Estate)
Able to lead the technical delivery of complex energy management and building optimisation projects? Development of net zero pathways? Experience in real estate? Able to deliver a range of services? Keen to develop Net Zero pathways?
Lewis Davey is working with an award-winning organisation who have worked with some of the biggest names in the business, across a wide range of sectors. An expert in the industry, our client is expanding and looking to appoint a Senior Consultant to lead the technical delivery of complex energy management and building optimisation projects to the Real Estate clients. You will be engaging with a wide range of key stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, you will play a key role in managing sustainability risks and realising opportunities.
Working as part of the Deliver for Zero team, you will manage projects that cover the following services:
- The assessment of readiness of organisations to deliver sustainable savings.
- Working with real estate clients to identify and prioritise the most cost-effective opportunities, including technological, behavioural and process optimisation initiatives.
- Building compelling business cases for achieving staged and pragmatic energy and cost reduction.
- Delivery of services/opportunities, with a guaranteed outcome and savings verified.
You will act as a mentor (and possible line manager) to other members of the team.
This role is within the Deliver for Zero (Real Estate) team, but there will be opportunities to work on other projects within with the wider Real Estate and Corporates teams, to develop and share your knowledge.
- Project Management: Manage a range of building optimisation and energy reduction projects at a wide range of real estate sites concurrently ensuring the successful delivery to the client on time, to quality and within an agreed budget.
- Technical input: To provide technical input to projects, including data analytics, modelling and strategic insights as required for the delivery of the service areas outlined above.
- Business development and proposal writing: To develop business by either increasing the value of existing accounts or by supporting more senior members of the team in targeted business development activities such as writing proposals and/or delivering technical webinars.
- Client management: To maintain strong relationships with existing clients and build lasting relationships with new clients with the expectation of maintaining and, where possible, increasing revenues from key accounts.
- Operational: To provide timely responses to operational needs including (but not limited to) time-sheeting, invoicing, reviews, project management information, health & safety etc. As a senior consultant there will also be an expectation to share knowledge to support the development of junior team members.
What you will need to succeed
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering
- Managing complex or multi- client projects
- Energy management and auditing including onsite deep dive assessments
- Development of net zero pathways
- Key account management and new business development
- Managing bids and delivering proposals to deadlines
- Leading and facilitating workshops/seminars
- A sound technical knowledge of energy use in buildings including
- Boilers, HVAC, lighting, motors and drives, building management systems energy management systems (ISO50001)
- Metering, Monitoring & Targeting
- Electrical infrastructure & systems
- Process Optimisation
- Heat Recovery Systems
- Renewable energy
- the policy framework our clients operate i.e. CCA, ESOS, EUETS, IPC permits
- Masters or relevant post-graduate qualification Chartered Engineer status
- Member of professional institutions such as IChemE, IMechE and EI.
- Commercial experience in securing and negotiating business contracts, and support others to do the same.
- Knowledge of:
- energy use in industrial systems (boilers, steam systems, refrigeration, compressed air)
- Production systems in manufacturing
- Technology design & implementation
- Measurement &verification
- DSR and flexibility
- Renewable energy technology design and implementation
- CHP feasibility & design
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- IES modelling
- Language skills in particular German, Spanish, Italian and Portuguese
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.