07 Nov Senior ESG Manager
Lewis Davey has a new opportunity for a Senior ESG Manager/ESG Manager to join a leading organisation that touches many functions and industries – chemical technology, wood processing and modified wood production, constructing and operating acetylation plants, and, of course sales, marketing, support, distribution, and more. With products on every content, this organisation is leading change ahead of change and are also working on developing further potential ventures and operations around the world. As Senior ESG Manager, you will be leading activities around the ESG agenda across the group. Based in London, the role is varied, and focuses on both corporate ESG activities, as well as overseeing product sustainability activities, primarily focusing on eco-certifications and sustainability assessments
- Identifying and implementing sustainability best practice trends (e.g., net zero, circular economy, social impact, etc.)
- Identifying and implementing ESG strategy.
- Cross-function engagement with senior leaders on ESG strategy implementation.
- Reporting to sustainability reporting frameworks (e.g., GRI / SASB / TCFD / CDP / SDGs / B Corp).
- Responding to investor ESG disclosures (e.g., S&P, DJSI, etc.).
- Data management, collection and reporting of the company’s suite of ESG metrics, with continued improvements implemented year-on-year with internal assurance process with a view on moving to external assurance.
- Performance reporting and ESG target setting.
- Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions reporting, with knowledge of scope 3.
- Keeping abreast of sustainability related legislation and ability to advise and implement activities in order to meet legislative requirements (e.g. EU Taxonomy, CSRD, TCFD, etc.)
- Working closely with the marketing and communications team on ESG and sustainability communications and positioning related to the company’s products to company’s customers.
- Internal sustainability communications, to bring the company’s sustainability agenda to life to our employees and encourage successful engagement to enable ESG strategy implementation, with content such as posters, all company updates, company intranet, etc.
- External sustainability communications, with view to develop sustainability related communications materials, such as annual report content, case studies, sustainability reports, blogs, website content, etc.
- Working closely with the Investor Relations team on ESG investor related enquiries.
- Managing the company’s Green Champion’s Network (internal employee network)
- Thought leadership and representation of the company at industry events.
- Presenting complex ESG concepts internally to all levels (senior leaders to rest of business).
- ESG policy development and implementation.
- Managing the ESG budget.
- Overseeing the company’s product eco-labels programme.
- Knowledge of EPDs and LCAs.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Accountable for the effective management of owned risks.
- Assist in identifying and implementing processes to control risks.
- Be fully conversant and compliant with the Company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures.
- Where self or a team member identifies a potential Health & Safety risk, escalate this to the Head of Health & Safety immediately.
- Comply with all relevant company policies and procedures at all times.
What you will need to succeed
- Must rely on own initiative to deliver the company’s ESG agenda.
- Demonstrable track record in-house leading strategy development and implementation of successful ESG strategies.
- Sustainability consultancy experience.
- Highly organised and experienced in project management.
Analysis of complex data and reporting in Excel.
- Mentoring and line management.
- Ability to work independently and with global teams.
- External and internal reporting (scope 1 and 2 emissions, GRI / SASB / S&P / CDP reporting)
- Must be up to speed with ESG related legislation and understand implementation (i.e. CSRD, TCFD, EU Taxonomy, SECR)
- Internal and external communications experience with different stakeholder groups (employees, investors, customers, etc.).
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement, with strong relationship building skills.
- ESG issues policy development.
- Familiar and experience with product related sustainability assessments (e.g., ecolabels, EPDs / LCAs)
- Ability to work with challenging stakeholders and influence at all levels.
- Confident and impactful speaker and presenter to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of budget management.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong PowerPoint and Word skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to act quickly on own judgement.
- Ability to think strategically and prioritise activity per business needs.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.