20 Oct Senior Sustainability Consultant – Whole Life Carbon
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to fill the role of Senior Sustainability Consultant to support our clients growing sustainability consultancy team focusing on design in developments, refurbishment and fit out. This position offers a very exciting opportunity to help high profile real asset companies meet their decarbonisation targets and deliver innovative net zero design solutions across global property portfolios. Whilst the role has a focus on evaluating the design of sustainable buildings, an understanding of whole building lifecycle processes and opportunities is vital for our clients. Passion and a determination to deliver excellence are essential qualities as is a commercially astute and innovative approach to delivering client solutions.
The core responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary client teams and provide leadership to implement change based on best in class analysis and real world application experience.
- Provide guidance and direction to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders on sustainability related matters, focused but not limited to net zero carbon and whole life carbon.
- Utilise energy simulation software for building optimisation and analysis such as IES-VE and ability to use modelling to provide net zero carbon strategy advice to individual buildings / projects, whilst aligning with broader net zero portfolio level strategies.
- Coordinate our clients expertise to deliver whole life net zero strategies, including embodied carbon analysis of design and construction activities.
- Maintain and apply an excellent knowledge of building regulations and guidance.
- Ability to input to wider sustainability design advice, setting core principles across topics based on best practice innovation.
- Deliver training and carry out engagement with clients, designers, consultants and contractors to ensure understanding of sustainability targets and metrics.
- Support the wider service line, including:
- Planning, completion and write-up of technical building level net zero carbon and energy assessments.
- Support development of net zero strategies for clients through investment lifecycle.
- Establishing energy and carbon reduction targets for clients, including top-down methodologies such as science-based targets.
- Excellent project management skills, serving as point of contact for clients, planning budgets, programme, resourcing, tracking deliverables, and producing or delegating work to meet deadlines.
Essential Skills & Requirements
The right candidate must have the following essential qualifications and skills:
- Engineering, architecture, or related technical degree.
- Experience of IES-VE software and application in UK and European market.
- Experience with embodied carbon modelling / analysis e.g. using One Click LCA.
- Depth of technical knowledge of sustainability issues and application to real estate.
- Detailed understanding of current and forthcoming energy market, legislation and drivers within UK and Europe.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and technical aptitude.
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage own time to deliver best in class service to clients.
Benefits to The Successful Candidate
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually in line with industry averages
- Attractive discretionary bonus structure
- Health insurance with Vitality
- Pension scheme (with staff contribution matched)
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 30 days by year 7 (plus public holidays) (for part time employees, we will adjust the entitlement on a pro rata basis)
- Additional 5 days holiday every three years to support one month sabbatical
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4, with 37.5 hour working week)
- Flexible lunch break
- Remote/home working in agreement with line manager
- Two days per year to volunteer for charity
- Excellent ongoing professional development support
- Generous maternity package
- Multiple locations – London, Bolton (dependent on role)
- Plus: Bike2Work scheme; payroll giving and more