19 Oct Sustainability Manager – Low Carbon Construction
Want to join a purpose-led organisation that places diversity and inclusion at the heart of everything they do?
At Lewis David we have an exciting opportunity for a sustainability manager to join our client’s team to support key construction delivery projects across all sectors; Helping to create a low carbon resilient world, shaping cities and building thriving communities.
You will support innovative and technically challenging low carbon projects, working with sustainable and pioneering clients, all looking to deliver net zero, BREEAM Outstanding, LETI or Passivhaus standards in their projects.
This role will suit someone with a broad understanding of sustainability in line with current and future built environment trends that wants to inspire, challenge, guide and help us to deliver our sector-leading sustainability targets outlined in our 2026 business priority, Pursue a Sustainable World.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Supporting delivery of client project sustainability strategies, sustainability related statutory and best practice requirements on projects.
- Working with construct project teams to drive innovation, exemplar best practices and embed processes into bidding, design, procurement, and delivery to ensure successful delivery of business targets.
- Supporting work winning through bid support, solutioning, client liaison, upskilling of colleagues and raising our client’s profile externally.
- Capacity building within your project teams, translating technical requirements into layperson language to ensure all stakeholders understand their roles.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in line with our client’s sustainability systems, governance gateways and assurance requirements, including implementation of risk assessments and timely collation of data for reporting purposes including business KPIs, external corporate commitments and green building certifications.
- Maintaining client/external stakeholder relationships through regular updates, workshops and reporting.
- Maintaining and sharing expertise in one or more topics and promoting innovation.
- Understanding net zero carbon, how to deliver it and support delivery of our client’s steps without footprints strategy.
We are seeking someone with a passion to deliver ambitious sustainability results, excited by the prospect of working with pioneering clients and delivery teams. You are someone who:
- Delivers results – carbon savings, biodiversity net gain, social value etc
- Is technically robust – expert in a range of sustainability topics, comfortable analysing data and able to adapt to learn new technical requirements
- Problem solves – can view things from different perspectives and simplifies concepts to solve or communicate complex problems
- Drives change – through your ability to lead others and adopt innovative solutions, act decisively with a passion to achieve results
- Is a confident communicator – presenting to colleagues and clients
- Establishes positive relationships with project teams, client and stakeholders including consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and regulators.