10 Nov Sustainability Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Sustainability Manager to join a housebuilder as they look to appoint a Sustainability Manager. Having recently worked with a consultancy to help develop their sustainability credentials, they are now looking to appoint a Sustainability Manager who can own the sustainability strategy and drive the business forward from an ESG perspective.
With a CEO who’s committed to sustainability, you will be able to join a down-to-earth business to shape and lead the implementation of their sustainability strategy and support the strategic direction of the business. You’ll have the opportunity to drive significant improvements in their social, economic and environmental impacts.
As Sustainability Manager, you’ll play a key part in helping the business become the industry leader in the development of sustainable homes and communities.
This is a forward thinking housing developer with a unique brand synonymous with contemporary design, innovative marketing, and exemplary levels of customer service. From the house type range, the web-driven sales process, to the show home experience and personalisation options coupled with absolute adherence to quality: the organisation is truly focused on exceeding customer expectations.
Having been awarded ‘The Best Place to Work’ in the UK at the UK Business Awards 2019, you’ll work in a place where your uniqueness is cherished, your development is championed, and you’re given all of the tools you’ll need to flourish.
What you’ll be working on
- Own, evolve, and drive the sustainability strategy, as well as leading, managing and delivering either directly or indirectly all associated programmes. In doing so, play a key role in helping it to make a real difference to the people and the communities in which the business works.
- Identify and address key sustainability-related business opportunities and risks, including legislation, industry trends and funding. Where you can, you’ll seek out creative financing, funding and/or grant opportunities to support sustainability innovation across our projects.
- Build great relationships with the senior team to embed commitment, providing support and training to embed sustainability into core processes and decision making across the business in line with the sustainability roadmap.
- Track progress against the sustainability targets and delivering the measurement and board reporting of social and environmental KPIs.
- Oversee development and delivery of internal sustainability training to help upskill teams.
- Oversee the coordination, publication and communication of their sustainability performance to external stakeholders and partners including responses to customers’, investors’, and other third parties’ sustainability enquiries and requests.
- Provide continuous updates on legislative, technical and market developments, and supporting management to make sure we deliver on our obligations and achieve best practice.
- Act as an ambassador by engaging with industry, government and investors to promote our sustainability strategy and securing partnerships of mutual interest that support the realisation of our long-term objectives.
- Measuring, recording and communicating the value and impact that comes from sustainability activities and initiatives.
What’s in it for you?
- Is Laughing Yoga or flower arranging for you? Maybe a climbing wall or fitness classes are more your thing. You’ll find out with quarterly wellbeing mornings, where everyone down tools and try new activities as a team in the Support Office. From mocktail making to pottery painting, there’s something for everyone.
- A calendar of wellbeing events and workshops for you to take part in across the year.
- A personalised health report and access to content from “The Netflix of Wellbeing” with their partner Champion Health.
- Dedicated time for you to spend on your own development with personal development days and access to a whole host of content through My Development Portal.
- The opportunity to offload to and independent listener with our monthly Listening Service should you want to.
- 50% discount on Nuffield Health Fitness and Wellbeing Gym membership.
- Financial support when you are ill, with a generous company sick pay scheme.
- Your health needs covered with level 1 Westfield Health cover for you and dependent children.
- The encouragement to take a well-earned break with a holiday allowance of 26 days plus the usual public holidays.
- A pension scheme.
- Death in service benefit of a minimum 4x basic salary.
- The opportunity to work flexibly in a way that works for you (role dependent).
- A whole host of Charity and Social events to get involved in.