20 Oct Associate Director – Sustainability
Lewis Davey is looking to find a forward-thinking candidate to join an established and successful team of sustainability professionals to lead and grow our clients green building certification consultancy services across a global client base. The successful candidate will join the responsible business team to take accountability for client-facing consultancy services, and support capacity building and team growth.
Our client is working with some of the most sustainable and ambitious clients across global corporate real estate, retail, education, financial services, and tech companies. You will have the opportunity to support their clients achieve the highest certification ratings on single fit-out and pioneering new build projects, alongside developing strategic solutions to improve performance of existing portfolios and global pipelines of future projects.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Leading work winning to grow our clients global green building certification services through bid support, preparation of fee proposals, and client liaison.
- Identifying service offer evolution through adoption of new certifications or application to different project stages for example existing buildings or portfolio certification.
- Using green building certifications to deliver measurable change and outcomes.
- Providing training and upskill colleagues to capacity build and strengthen green building certification knowledge in the responsible business team and across the wider company global consultancy, construction, and facilities management businesses.
- Acting as technical expert for green building certifications, particularly LEED and WELL.
- Leading project delivery of certification assessments.
- Advising clients and colleagues on outcomes-focused solutions throughout feasibility, project brief, design, construction, or operational building stages.
- Representing our client at relevant forums and working groups, and client presentations.
- Innovating and championing best practice, clearly communicate benefits/results to colleagues and clients.
- You can actively develop business – be outward facing and develop a network of clients.
- You have experience of work winning, writing fee proposals, and supporting the bidding process.
- You are a LEED AP and WELL AP and have a working knowledge of other global green building certifications.
- You are outcomes focused, driven by delivering value to clients through application of your knowledge of green building certification to achieve sustainability outcomes, rather than the certificate being the goal.
- You are not afraid to avoid confrontation if you consider it is not the best route for your client.
- You are a great communicator who can translate technical content into layperson language.
- You understand how to achieve certifications for single or multiple project scenarios, for both new and operational buildings.
- You are comfortable engaging with clients, local regulators, design teams, contractors and supply chain, and facilities management.
- You are excited by the opportunity to develop and upskill others.
- You can demonstrate the ability to think laterally and adapt previous experience and solutions to new project/programme contexts.
Successful candidates will be passionate about delivering meaningful outcomes, measurable impacts, and being at the forefront of industry to push boundaries and drive change.