15 May Design Officer – West Sussex
We are seeking individuals with Urban Design experience and a knowledge of town planning to join a local authority in West Sussex as a Design Officer.
You will take on an important role within the Landscape team, and perform the following tasks:
– Advise and provide information on quality design, planning and project development to the
private and voluntary sectors.
– Provide design guidance on current and emerging planning applications and lead negotiations in achieving improved and high quality design outcomes.
– Co-ordinate the design, planning and implementation of key design projects.
– Support and develop the areas Design Review Panel to ensure the delivery of expert advice
on landscape and built-environment design quality.
– Prepare design related guidance documents.
– Manage public engagement, participation and consultation with local communities and interest groups on design issues for significant developments within the area.
– Produce briefs for development sites and environmental improvement schemes
– Commission and manage the delivery of briefs for feasibility studies
– Significant experience in design work in a rural environment
– Ability to use appropriate IT software
– A degree / postgrad qualification in Architecture, Design or a related subject
– You must be an effective communicator
– Ability to analyse planning matters, and to exercise and demonstrate a good understanding of Town and Country Planning and design matters
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com, or for more information call 020 7859 4246.