06 Oct Business Development Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity for a sales professional to come on board as a Business Development Manager, you will be part of the companies Sales & Marketing function and will be responsible for the B2B activities generating leads and new sales, prospecting new business and implementing the business development strategy and plans. Your role will be to demonstrate to potential clients how the companies solutions will help enable their sustainability agendas. Working closely with the Head of Marketing, the Client Services Team and the Product Heads, you will qualify, nurture and convert new business opportunities through the sales pipeline.
- New business strategy and planning
- Lead generation (targeting, proactive calls, events, etc.)
- Nurturing client opportunities through their evaluation and decision process
- Supporting Product Heads in closing business to meet quarterly and annual sales targets
- Managing sales-cycles and, in conjunction with other team members, presenting to senior level client teams.
- Monthly tracking and reporting on forecast sales activity and revenue achievement
In addition, you will be expected to:
- Respond to and develop proposals and RFP responses where necessary
- Support the Exec Team in negotiating contracts.
- Participate in marketing efforts at industry events and conferences.
- Develop an up-to-date knowledge of the capabilities, strengths and weaknesses and competitive position of all solutions.
- Maintain a good knowledge of the sustainability market and competitors.
- Ensuring that up-to-date information on all customer interactions in the CRM system is maintained (either by you or responsible team members)
- Support the Marketing team with marketing strategy, planning and implementation
- Support the Client Services team with transition and implementation of new clients
This is a great opportunity for someone with at least five years’ experience working in related fields and a broad knowledge of sustainability, responsible business and corporate reporting. This role would ideally suit someone who displays the following characteristics:
- Takes the initiative, will lead the conversation and is driven to get things done.
- Is socially poised, quick to connect with others and enjoys nurturing positive relationships over time.
- Stimulating communicator with a persuasive influencing style and collaborative approach.
- Will enjoy facilitating the sustainability conversation be a focused listener and be able to support and, where necessary, persuade or influence like-minded clients and colleagues.
- Will enjoy managing multiple priorities and will respond positively to pressure.
- Is organised and methodical in their approach, understands the importance of follow up, attention to detail and has a strong commitment to results.
- This role is ideal for someone who wishes to use a blend of skills, combining your passion for the environment and sustainability with your instinct to build relationships and a flair for selling.
You must have:
- 5 years’ experience in a related field
- A passion and a good level of knowledge of sustainability matters
- The right to work in the UK