07 Jun Applications Engineer – Smart Energy
Lewis Davey is delighted to be recruiting an Application Engineer whom will act as the technical link between customers and various internal teams including product development and sales, and communicate to all stakeholders how products can be applied and developed in different scenarios.
With the Smart Metering and broader Smart Energy market continually developing this is an exciting opportunity to join a leader in this industry that benefits from a 25-year history and an international footprint. With a diverse and versatile product portfolio, our client helps their customers to better manage and measure their energy.
We’re looking for Electrical Engineers who have a background across energy, controls and metering and would be particularly interested in electrical engineers who can demonstrate knowledge of heat metering, heating controls and /or home automation.
Whilst we are not expecting candidates to have exposure to every detail, ideally applicants should have some exposure and knowledge of some of the following:
- Smart metering domain understanding : Metering and Tariffs, SMETS 1 understanding and experience, regulations and communication within HAN and WAN.
- Understanding of different protocols used in metering applications e.g. modbus, m-bus, RS 232, RS485, Modbus TCP etc.
- Understanding of online data acquisition systems and its interfaces especially dealing in metering and billing applications
- Ability to define service architecture for systems
- Troubleshooting skills covering different system interfaces
- Understanding of system architecture e.g. layered architecture, web services
- Awareness of different regulation and standards applied within metering and smart metering domain
- Experience of field trials for product and system
- Market research and Competitive awareness with smart metering world
- Experience of working within multi-cultural teams
- Ability to act as a bridge between sales and development team and drive requirements
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to train sales team with new products on smart metering