19 Nov Associate – Sustainability Reporting
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting JLL as they look to appoint an Associate – Sustainability Reporting. For more details or to apply, please contact Lewis Davey in the first instance.
We are looking for an Associate for the JLL Sustainability Consultancy team
The Sustainability Consultancy team at JLL is the largest real estate sustainability consultancy in Europe, with over 20 years’ experience in delivering sustainability advice to the real estate sector. We use our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. We're a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. We look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet on behalf of our clients. The rapidly growing requirement for sustainability improvements across all businesses means you will develop your career within a team with significant growth ambitions and holding vast experience, helping embed sustainability into some of the world’s leading real estate businesses. Find out more about our sustainability ambitions here.
For more than 20 years, our sustainability consultancy has been helping clients develop ambitious sustainability action plans as well as supporting them to implement practical actions. Our services include:
- Sustainability strategy
- Net Zero Carbon and Science-Based Targets
- Climate risk assessment
- Energy and carbon management
- Data management
- Compliance and de-risking
- Social impact
- Reporting and communications
Come join a team where your colleagues will share your passion and support your professional development, and where you can develop a career knowing your work supports a better future.
We are looking for an Associate for the Upstream Sustainability Services team
This role will be to lead, deliver and develop our Sustainability Reporting services, which focus on supporting clients to transparently communicate their sustainability strategies and progress against them to internal and external audiences. Your responsibilities will include helping to win new business and account managing key clients.
What the role involves:
- Take responsibility for our services in the field of sustainability reporting
- Advise and support clients to:
- identify their material sustainability impacts
- communicate on their progress effectively with a wide range of stakeholders using multi-media channels e.g. annual reports, sustainability reports, corporate websites, social media
- Develop client relationships and deliver consultancy advice to clients on a wide range of sustainability topics (delivered via presentations, written reports and in face to face meetings)
- Work under minimal supervision and take responsibility for the delivery of work to key clients
- Plan and manage projects to ensure deadlines are realistic and met on time
- Work in a collaborative manner with other staff within Jones Lang LaSalle and our supply chain, including Marketing, PR, Designers and Copywriters
- Provide support to junior staff to enable the development of their consultancy and professional skills
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Sound understanding in:
- sustainable development and corporate responsibility strategy development
- sustainability reporting and/or financial reporting
- sustainability communications
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills, with an ability to write in a variety of different styles and from different perspectives
- Excellent visual communications skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy in written, visual and numeric work
- Ability to quickly assimilate varied and often technical detail, identifying and conveying the resulting key themes in coherent, robust, accessible messages
- Relevant academic or work experience in the sustainability, consultancy and/or property sector
- Experience in, or an ability to get up to speed with relevant sustainability reporting standards such as: GRESB, EPRA, INREV, GRI, UNPRI, AA1000 and TCFD
- Passionate about sustainability
If you need any adjustments or considerations for any part of the recruitment process, please contact us. This could include guidance or communications in more accessible formats or adjustments to assessment tasks, where relevant. JLL is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
What you can expect from us
JLL values its employees and People are one of our core strategic pillars. When you join, you can expect to be supported by your colleagues and senior management. Upstream, along with the whole of JLL, are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across our organisation and we are taking steps to improve in this area. There are also a number of networks (e.g. apprentice, gender, LGBT+, neurodiversity, race & ethnicity and working parents) where you can share thoughts and ideas and raise these directly with executive teams. We have both mental health and diversity first-aiders – trained colleagues who can provide impartial and anonymous support, and act as a safe point of contact to discuss any challenges you may be experiencing.
JLL is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are recognised by Stonewall as one of Britain’s top 100 LGBT-inclusive employers, and one of the UK’s Top 10 employers for Social Mobility by the Social Mobility Foundation. More on JLL’s D&I commitment can be found online.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, mental health support, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package. Keep those ambitions in sight and imagine where JLL can take you...