20 Nov Associate Town Planner | High Wycombe area | 5+ years’ experience | circa £50k
Exclusive new opportunity close to High Wycombe for a Town Planner with 5+ years’ experience to join a successful and growing planning consultancy at Associate level or above.
This independent planning and architecture consultancy work across two offices and having grown their London team significantly over the last few years, they are now looking to grow their Thames Valley team near High Wycombe too.
Offering Town Planning services across a range of sectors but with a big emphasis on residential schemes, mixed use applications and strategic land promotion, they are also involved in land acquisition and have incorporated an architectural division into the practice to allow for full delivery of services in-house. From land purchase and architectural drawings through to seeing the final build progress and all planning services in between, as a collective team they offer an inclusive provision of high-quality professional services and are looking for 2 additional Town Planners with up to date knowledge, high standards and plenty of tenacity to add further value to their clients.
As Associate Planner (or potentially Associate Director for a more senior and experienced candidate), you will manage the day to day running of the company’s Thames Valley office with responsibility for at least one junior planner and most likely more in the future. You should be commercially aware and confident in your ability to present to potential clients but as a business, they already have lots of work in the pipeline and a strong network of repeat clients, so you would not be required to bring an active list of existing clients with you.
Key skills and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- MRTPI chartered or in a position to become chartered;
- 5+ years’ experience in a professional Town Planning environment (private or public sector);
- Ready for progression to a position of greater responsibility and a greater say in a company’s day to day running and growth strategy;
- Experience in managing the applications process;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Comprehensive, up to date knowledge of the NPPF and other key policies;
- Some experience of planning for the residential sector is highly desirable;
- Good commercial awareness and sound understanding of a site’s development potential;
- Knowledge of the Thames Valley / West Home Counties region is desirable, but not essential as they work nationwide;
- Experience or a natural flair for mentoring and monitoring the work of more junior staff;
- A genuine teamworking attitude;
- The desire to work in a small, friendly and sociable team of planners and architects with a positive working environment.
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience (circa £50k), and the package extends to bonuses and additional extras.
If this role appeals and you would like to know more then please contact Claire Lewis on 07983 143 831/020 7859 4246 or send your CV in confidence to email@example.com (please include a phone number).
All conversations will be on a strictly confidential basis and you can rest assured that your CV will never leave our sight without your express permission.