15 Oct BMS Project / Contracts Manager
Experience in electrical and ICT engineering projects? Competent knowledge and experience of system controls and smart metering? BMS background? Delivered projects to both the public and private sector? Hold a Higher BTEC (level 4) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)? Able to deliver a range of energy solutions in smart monitoring and controls systems, energy efficient lighting, ICT networks, sub-metering, heat pumps, battery storage and solar PV?
Then apply now!
Lewis Davey are excited to be working with a leading energy services company with both technology and sustainability; a company committed to delivering the future of smart energy. Lewis Davey are recruiting for a Contracts Manager to lead delivery of projects and build relationships and competent systems of management. With immediate projects across commercial estates of sub metering and and control systems, as Projects/Contracts Manager you will ensure key deliverables are met, including achievement of budgetary targets, customer satisfaction and reporting internally and externally. The role will also include responsibility for the appointment, financial management and SHEQ oversight of external contractors to deliver surveys, designs, installation works and commissioning. This role offers long-term and opportunity within the wider electrical projects
- Develop technical specifications to deliver energy conservation measures.
- Undertake technical design or define principles for reviewing designs produced by external parties.
- Work with consultants and engineers to receive input in each of the required engineering disciplines (electrical, ICT, mechanical, thermal, power) to ensure the production of designs that deliver project outcomes and meet high quality standards.
- Oversee the appointment and management of competent contractors to undertake technical installation works.
- Develop supply chain relationships to grow the capability of the I&C Energy & Sustainability department.
- Research and keep up-to-date with energy saving technology & systems improvements.
- Plan and develop projects organizing resources to meet delivery requirements
- Develop systems for metering, monitoring and control (electrical, gas, water, heat, environmental) including the use of wired-systems, radio networks and the configuration of networks of devices (Modbus communications or similar) for data collection.
- Undertake or oversee solution evaluation and testing through research, bench-trials and field-trials.
- Review technical regulations and best practice to integrate these considerations into project programmes.
What you will need to succeed
- Relevant and broad experience in the provision of electrical and ICT engineering projects to public / private sector clients
- Engineering solutions in an energy management capacity is desirable
- Relevant and broad experience in the management of design and installation resources to deliver electrical and ICT engineering systems
- Experience of managing client relationships in either an account manager or technical expert capacity
- Experience of electrical & ICT systems design for the delivery of energy conservation measures
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation, Regulations and Approved Codes of Practice
- Able to interpret technical documents, specifications, and drawings
- Proven track record of instructing and managing contractors undertaking design work and field installation
- The ability to undertake business development and negotiation of commercial opportunities with customers and 3rd party stakeholders
- The ability to organise and prioritise work to meet deadlines and manage the expectations of project stakeholders
- Positively influence a wide range of stakeholders under a variety of budgetary and regulatory pressures.
- Strong situational judgement and risk management skills
- Supervises and plans team workload
- Curious about new ideas and able to translate them into viable plans
- The ability to build and maintain customer relationships to ensure customers satisfaction and future growth opportunities
Qualifications / Essentials
- A Higher BTEC (level 4) in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) is essential
- Level 3 award in the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671 (17th or 18th edition) is essential
- Recognised course/qualification in energy management or relevant technical experience in an energy engineering/management capacity is desirable.
- Degree (or equivalent) or similar qualification(s) in relevant discipline (e.g. mechanical, electrical, or building services engineering) is desirable.
- Membership of an appropriate professional body (e.g. IET, Energy Institute, CIBSE, AEE) is desirable.
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and looking to develop professionally, then get in touch today for more information