09 Nov Energy and Carbon Analyst
Energy & Carbon Analyst
Are you an analyst? Keen to work on a wide-range of projects? Looking to make an impact through problem solving and implementation?
Lewis Davey are recruiting for an Energy and Carbon Analyst to join a consultancy specialising in providing services that deliver environmental, cost and operational benefits across the whole asset base in all types of organisations. We are looking to speak with individuals who are keen to take responsibility for projects and work across various teams and assignments. This is a remote role complying with the company’s ISO 9001:2015 accredited Documented Management System (DMS), ISO 50001:2018 accredited Energy Management System (EnMS) and B Corp accreditation requirements.
The work will be varied, as dictated by customers’ and company requirements. The work will include supporting the team and our customers in areas such as
- resolving Gas, Electricity, Water billing and metering queries
- validating energy & water invoices
- sourcing meter data
- arranging installation of smart meters and AMR’s
- liaising with suppliers to resolve metering & billing issues
- analysing energy data for trends and saving opportunities
- administering M&T systems
- analysing energy trends and producing update briefings
- preparing expenditure, budget and energy usage reports
- Respond to Clients professionally and timely where queries are raised
- Attendance of Client meetings as required
- Supporting Net Zero (Scopes 1, 2 and 3) assignments. Typically, these will require:
- Collecting and analysing customer data to identify carbon emissions and develop sector-appropriate Science Based Targets.
- Helping to analyse supply chain data and devise ‘process-based’ supplier engagement approaches
- Supporting Environmental and Sustainability assignments. These could typically include:
- Collecting a range of environmental and related cost data
- Analysing the data to identify patterns and trends, relationships between resource use and GHG emissions in relation to Net Zero targets, including formal Science Based Targets
What you will need to succeed
- Strong numerate, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Computer literate with advanced MS Excel skills
- High level of motivation and ability to work on own initiative.
- Organised with a pro-active approach with excellent time-keeping skills
- Excellent attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task
- A self-starter and strong team-player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to provide industry-leading customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Energy / utilities background in billing, metering, invoice validation
- Experience of working for an established energy consultant or an energy bureau / supplier
- Recognised qualification in a relevant technical or business discipline
- Knowledge of energy bureau services
- Engineering / Technical / Science background
- Minimum of five years’ experience of Energy
- A practical knowledge of data requirements and reporting schemes such as EUETS, UKETS, CHPQA, SECR etc
- Associate Membership of a recognised professional body such as the Energy Institute
- A comprehension of Net Zero / Environmental / Sustainability issues
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.