23 Oct Energy Efficiency Consultant
Lewis Davey is delighted to be working with an ambitious and award-winning start-up at the heart of the low carbon economy as they look to recruit an Energy Manager into their Exeter based team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be one of the first hires into their energy team where you be focused on delivering a schedule of energy efficiency work into non-domestic property portfolios.
A technology company, working broadly across transport and energy, you will join a team of around a dozen of inspiring and committed developers, data scientists, modellers and marketing & sales professions.
As an Energy Efficiency Consultant in Exeter, you will be fluent in the practicalities of building engineering and M&E systems as well as theoretical modelling. You will be someone who loves technology and has a complete overview of demand reduction and renewable generation strategies.
You will be required to work across multiple sites, with some travel, and utilise our clients predictive analytics engine to prompt on-the-ground investigations and working collaboratively with clients to develop clear implementation plans to minimise their energy use. You will be an ambassador for the business, readily promoting the benefits of the analytics engine to continuously grow the user base.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Completing on-site energy audits and working with clients to develop and deliver energy efficiencies strategies
- Delivering expert energy efficiency advice to clients
- Investigating existing metering solutions and proposing appropriate monitoring strategies
- Conducting BMS optimisation
- Carrying out renewable energy feasibility studies
- Developing business cases to support capital initiatives
- Developing key case studies and positively promote the business to grow new business
- Preparing high quality written client reports
- Carrying out thermal/energy modelling of buildings using building modelling and simulation tools (e.g. EnergyPlus, TAS)
- Interpreting and communicating outputs from the predictive analytics engine. Validating outputs and feeding back issues to the development team.
- Communicating solutions and strategies to clients through technical reports and presentations
- Preparing new business proposals and supporting onboarding
You’re a champion in your field with a rigorous, disciplined approach and ruthless attention to detail. You have a practical working knowledge of the systems and processes of buildings and are comfortable working with energy data. You have a detailed knowledge across a range of BMS and control systems and a keen interest in renewable technology and future energy systems.
With an inquisitive nature and sharp analytical skills, you’ll be a natural at using evidence to question, challenge, solve problems and tell stories beyond just pointing to the numbers.
It’s vital that you have demonstrable real-world experience in developing and delivering energy efficiency strategies, including optimising Building Management Systems (BMS). What’s more you will be proactive and approachable professional with customer-facing experience and an ability to communicate technical topics or solutions to non-expert users in an engaging way. You will have some experience of developing business models for energy efficiency interventions and ideally hold a CIBSE accreditation, MSc or higher in a relevant discipline. Applicants should possess knowledge of automated energy technologies including communications protocols and hardware / software interfaces
Experience of using EnergyPlus, TAS or equivalent would be a plus as would exposure to / interest in programming languages and knowledge of the smart meter market place, DC/DAs / DCC / SMETS2.