22 Sep Energy Consultant
Lewis Davey are recruiting for an Energy Consultant to join a South West leading company whose mission is to deliver the future of smart energy. Through a range of innovative solutions and working closely with private and public sectors, Lewis Davey are keen to speak with Energy Consultants who hold experience across commercial, industrial and domestic sectors with the ability to project deliver decarbonisation, including PV, battery and heat pump retrofit. Additionally, produce high-quality, client focused energy audit reports including recommendations prioritised by return investment.
As Energy Consultant, you will develop energy consumption, cost and carbon abatement solutions, allowing strategic decisions relating to the management of energy and investment in technology. Undertaking data analysis for buildings and energy systems, in depth energy audits of buildings and energy systems, and research to keep up to data with energy saving technology and systems. Through this, opportunities will be developed through forensic analysis of energy data, on- site technical auditing and awareness of the energy services and technologies marketplace. Liaising with client to establish requirements and present business cases, you will provide strategic advice relating to energy, carbon and utilities management. Typical duties will also include delivering energy reduction projects and post-implementation savings verification. Along with planning and developing projects in an independent manner with guidance from senior consulting colleagues.
With diverse projects, Lewis Davey are keen to speak with Energy Consultants who have developed engineering experience and skills/knowledge relevant to the work above, particularly modelling and design work. Therefore, use of relevant third-party modelling packages such as RETScreen, IES, TAS, PV*SOL or EnergyPro. Experience (or research/education) evaluating renewable energy and energy efficiency options for domestic retrofit or new developments. Measurement and verification of the energy performance of retrofit projects. Design or research work for a relevant product supplier (e.g. heat pumps or smart home systems).
What you will need to succeed
- Experience of using macros or programming
- Experience of energy or building services modelling packages (e.g. RETScreen, SBEM, IES, TAS)
- An in-depth understanding of mechanical and electrical energy systems and solutions appropriate to consumption mitigation
- Experience of consulting on energy management in relation to programme of energy audits or monitoring and targeting solutions
- Experience in the identification and delivery of energy reduction projects
- Possessing data analysis skills and experience of using these skills to target valuable energy opportunities
- Experience of generating cost-benefit analyses for energy projects and verification of the energy savings following project implementation
- A broad understanding of the legislative environment surrounding energy efficiency and carbon emissions
- Experience of design, installation or project management of mechanical or electrical engineering projects
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Respond to feedback
- Online research
- Properties of fluids
- Heat transfer
- Energy – thermodynamics, efficiency.
- Electrical principles – voltage, current, resistance, inductance, capacitance.
- Control Principles (e.g. feedback, set points, stability
- Building Services
- Renewable energy technologies
- Metering and Monitoring Technology
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Engineering or Physical Sciences Degree
- Specific Energy Management or Buildings Services training (or experience)
- Mathematics and Physics A-levels
If you are looking to take that next step in your career and looking to develop professionally, then get in touch today for more information
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.