27 Apr Environmental Design Engineer – Architectural Practice
Lewis Davey is delighted to supporting one of the largest architectural practices in the UK as they look to expand their sustainability team as a part of their commitment to the net-zero carbon future. A sterling prize winner, this role would suit someone with an eye for environmental design, exposure to iterative design processes and with a blend of architectural, engineering and sustainability skills.
Helping the architectural practices designers with knowledge, expertise, analysis and performance modelling to help develop sustainable, integrated and regenerative architecture, you will be an integral part of the architectural process. You be a positive force for good, communicating with clients, local authorities, certification organisations and others to demonstrate sustainability performance and compliance.
They are currently looking for a Building Performance Engineer supporting their designers to help develop integrated and regenerative architecture. Our client is making sure that the building performance is considered at the very early stages of the design process to prevent dramatic performance gaps and ensure that the sustainability credentials of their buildings are not an afterthought.
This role would be well-suited for an individual. Ideally, you have experience of working in a similar role, including environmental modelling, sustainable design, data analysis of building metrics, illustrating environmental design strategies, stakeholder engagement, and knowledge of sustainability issues facing the UK and international design and construction industries.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Helping architecture teams through sustainability certification processes.
- Preparation of sustainability related submissions to inform compliances eg Circular Economy and Life Cycle Assessment statements.
- Development and communication of sustainable strategies through reports, diagrams and drawings using the in-house sustainability toolkit.
- Life Cycle Carbon Assessment, with iterative embodied carbon modelling using bespoke in-house tools, industry standard softwares and incorporating third party consultant data.
- Support of material specification for a range of sustainability metrics.
- Input into sustainability and building performance research and development.
- Dissemination of knowledge throughout the practice through graphic, written and verbal communication including participation in CPD events.
Applicants should ideally hold a post graduate degree in Architectural Engineering, Environmental Design or similar and have at least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role. Ideally applicants will be a qualified BREEAM, LEED or other equivalent environmental certification assessor. You will have the ability to illustrate environmental design strategies for a variety of audiences and demonstrate a wide knowledge of sustainability issues facing the UK and international design and construction industries.
This position is offered as a full time permanent role, however the client is open to discussing flexible working hours.