08 Nov Group (Senior) Landscape Architect
My client, a specialist housebuilder operating nationwide, is looking to recruit a well-qualified Senior (Group) Landscape Architect to deliver all aspects of landscape design across their urban-focused projects. As the proud holder of several awards for previous landscape design projects, they are looking for a candidate with a proven history of success and an innovative eye for detail. The successful candidate can work from one of four offices based in either Surrey, Hampshire, Hertfordshire or Worcestershire.
As a builder of attractive, traditionally styled architecture, my client is looking for a Landscape Architect with the skills to design aesthetically pleasing, innovative and durable external facilities such as recreational and parking areas along with attractive soft landscaping and planting that will add to the quality of life of the residents as well as to the surrounding environment.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Design and Technical Director and be the key Landscape Architect for this large PLC, providing landscape design across 40 planning applications per year and up to 30 resulting projects. The role will involve close internal liaison with planners, designers, technicians and commercial teams as well as several external contractors and Local Authorities.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Landscape Architect in a design-related position;
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI);
- CAD drawing skills;
- Proven history of designing creative and innovative schemes;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Confident, authoritative and influential approach (previous experience in managing staff would be beneficial to the role but not essential);
- Experience in negotiating and managing contractors;
- Strong time and budget management skills;
- Willingness to travel nationwide to company offices and sites as required (occasional nights away from home will be necessary).
Key duties will include:
- To produce Landscape Strategy drawings for submission with planning applications;
- To produce detailed hard and soft landscape proposals for all developments;
- To produce detailed planting schedules and CAD working drawings;
- To achieve discharge of planning conditions related to landscaping and external works;
- To attend planning meetings and public inquiries as required to represent the Company on all landscape related matters;
- To review and maintain landscaping policy and specifications;
- To work within the prescribed budget for each development, producing cost effective designs;
- To carry out where required environmental impact assessments at site acquisition stage;
- To identify and assess approved landscape contractors;
- To inspect work as it progresses and issue completion certification at end of the job;
- To re-inspect planting at end of maintenance period and raise a schedule of any remedial works deemed necessary;
- To ensure that the hard landscaping, including boundary walls, fences are suitable for the property owners regarding aesthetics, use, safety, maintenance and security;
- To correlate the location of drainage inspection chamber and other access covers into the hard landscape scheme to avoid any impractical or unsightly conflicts.
- To work within the requirements of the hydraulic engineer and EA and public drainage provider to design cost effective and appropriate car park and other hard standing areas to properly manage storm water runoff that satisfy the requirement of SUDs drainage and other conditions such as attenuation and or flood relief/mitigation.
In return for your skills and hard work my client is offering a salary of up to £55,000 + £6,000 car allowance (or quality company car) plus a wide range of benefits to include private healthcare, pension, life assurance, plenty of holiday and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the above role or to learn more about the opportunity, please send your CV through below or email me directly at email@example.com. Alternatively, call Claire on 07983143831 / 02078594246 for an informal, confidential chat.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant personally so please assume you have not been successful on this occasion if you do not hear back from us within 5 working days.
If you are a Landscape Architect, Town Planner, Urban Designer or Masterplanner looking to make the next move in your career then please do get in touch to find out how we can help.