01 Sep Head of Sustainability – Birmingham – £60,000 – £70,000 DOE
Lewis Davey are delighted to be recruiting for this fantastic head of sustainability role in Birmingham. Wonderful opportunity to oversee broad sustainability and ESG strategy. To look at the companies overall carbon reduction across 30,000+ properties and play a leading role in programme management. This is an opportunity to be a part of something big and really make it your own!
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Providing expert insight and thought leadership across the full range of sustainability and ESG issues; leading the internal ESG group and working with the senior leadership to identify ESG risks and opportunities.
• Establishing and embedding a governance framework that delivers sustainable outcomes.
• Project managing the delivery of their carbon reduction plan.
• Identifying performance indicators and targets to support and deliver against sustainability objectives; using a data-driven approach to monitor performance and drive guidance and decisions on sustainability.
• Reviewing and measuring the performance / impact against their external peer groups, ensuring that the strategy is continually reviewed in-line with ESG market developments, the changing landscape (locally, nationally and within our sector as a whole) and best practice; ensuring that appropriate action taken where required.
• Co-ordinating and supporting the delivery of the annual ESG reporting.
• Further developing and implementing ESG strategies - starting with low-carbon and expanding to other relevant areas within the environmental / green agenda.
• Presenting and communicating the ESG agenda to both internal and external stakeholders; fully engaging them to support and contribute towards its aims.
• Seeking out grant funding opportunities.
• Collaborating with teams across the organisation, providing them with high-quality advice which will deliver a step-change in ESG performance