30 Oct Installation Manager – Renewables
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Installation Manager to join a stalwart of the renewables installation industry. We’re looking for someone who has experience of running teams on site. You’ll hold relevant badges across either or ideally both electrical and commercial plumbing and will have preferably of benefited from installing commercial scale renewable energy projects.
Our client works across a diverse portfolio of projects from CHP, ASHP, GSHP to Commercial Solar PV and Energy Storage and is a leading provider of renewable energy solutions in the South West. Current projects range from solar thermal on a campsite, to solar + storage on a village hall to a 150Kwp commercial solar pv roof-top installation and a significant Ground Source Heat Pump (GSHP).
You’ll have lots of experience of managing sites and taking projects through to commission but also be willing to get your hands dirty and “get on a roof.”
Most of the work will be site based so you will be willing to travel across Cornwall in particular but you’ll be working on projects from Penzance to Bath. You won’t be in the office much but will be happy to travel down to the office near Plymouth when required.
Your key duties will include:
- Working with a team or teams installing and managing the installation and integration of renewable energy systems in domestic or commercial properties including:
- Solar thermal;
- Wood fired boilers;
- Solar photovoltaic cells;
- Ground and air source heat pumps;
- Combined Heat & Power Systems;
- Energy Storage Systems.
- Installation of Energy Efficiency equipment;
- Collaborating with the design team to improve the “buildabilty” and practicality of installations;
- Collaborate across the team to innovate and improve our services;
- Project management, procurement & programming installation works;
- Supporting the business on other ad hoc tasks (marketing events etc.) as required;
- To undertake risk assessments and to ensure that it is safe to work
- To supervise installation teams and ensure safe systems of work are implemented
- To ensure all paperwork is available and that it has been reviewed and understood before setting out to site
- Complete all necessary job sheets, time sheets and other documentation as required
- To undertake all necessary pre-installation checks
- To liaise with client, other trades and third parties as indicated on work instructions
- To identify any changes to scope and report back to line manager as early as possible
- To install equipment in line with company standards and current regulations
- To complete all post installation & commissioning checks