05 Aug Interim Sustainability Manager – Data & Reporting – Derwent London
Derwent London is the largest real estate investment trust focused on the central London commercial property market, with over 85 buildings valued at over £5bn in 13 London villages. Our core strategy is to acquire and own a portfolio of central London properties that offer significant opportunities to enhance and extract value through refurbishment, regeneration and redevelopment.
Our purpose is to help improve and upgrade the stock of office space in central London, providing above average long-term returns to our shareholders while brining social and economic benefits to all our stakeholders.
By setting an open and progressive corporate culture and promoting values that include building lasting relationships, our design-led ethos has created a brand of well-designed, flexible and efficient buildings at affordable rents. These not only help our occupiers attract talent but also revitalise neighbourhoods and benefit local communities. Our approach contributes to workforce wellbeing and helps to maintain London’s place as a leading global business hub.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Sustainability in developing and delivering Derwent London’s sustainability programme, both internally and externally.
The basis of the role concentrates on the effective management of the Derwent London resource efficiency data sets and according databases (energy/carbon, water, waste) and various internal and external data reporting requirements; for example corporate annual reporting and internal performance management reporting.
In addition, to the physical data management and reporting aspects of the role the Sustainability Manager will be required to work across the company, liaising with different departments and teams to ensure all data and reporting requirements are effectively collated and managed. Likewise fulfilling the various data requests that may arise from different parts of the organisation.
Furthermore, the Sustainability Manager will be expected to assist the Head of Sustainability in the wider sustainability programme, ranging from helping to manage the successful delivery of the Derwent London community strategy through to helping with tenant engagement campaigns.
Key responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the various resource efficiency databases and data flows to ensure they are kept constantly up to date and accurate.
- Managing the annual Derwent London CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme and ESOS submissions and responses and coordinate the external consultant audit provision.
- Working with the Head of Asset Management to ensure robust and proactive compliance with property related legislation e.g. Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES).
- Liaising with utility brokers, building managers and external service providers to validate all energy, water usage and waste recycling data and ensure reports are issued on time.
- Developing the monthly/quarterly sustainability performance dashboards and exception reports, liaising the various target holders to ensure timely and accurate population for the Sustainability Committee.
- Using various propriety software systems to analyse utility consumption, develop performance benchmarks and identify wastage.
- Working with the property and building management teams to identify and agree performance initiatives in the managed portfolio and manage the building sustainability plan process.
- Managing the annual submissions of the various external indices questionnaires (e.g. CDP and GRESB).
- Working with the Head of Sustainability in creating and implementing a company-wide environmental management system (EMS) and be the focal point of its operation and maintenance.
- Working with the Sustainability Co-ordinator in developing and delivering the company community strategy.
- Assisting with the production of the annual sustainability report and co-ordinating the audit assurance process.
- Assist in any other related sustainability work which may arise.
Line management: Head of Sustainability