13 May Energy Consultant
We're are delighted to be looking for an experienced Energy Consultant who is ideally a qualified Low Carbon Energy Assessor (LCEA) - Leve 5 (IES).
This is a great opportunity for a qualified EPC assessor to work on prestigious and iconic property portfolios in central London. Whilst the initial focus is on existing building portfolios, the work the sustainability team undertakes is diverse and varied across both operational and development, and the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to work on new build thermal modelling work and a whole raft of areas the business works across.
Applicants, as a minimum, should be competent IES users and have experience of issuing Energy Performance Certificates. We would be interested in hearing from Level 3 or 4 non-domestic EPC’s assessors (NDEA) who are keen to work on more complex buildings and have a solid IES-VE modelling background.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the energy and sustainability consultancy environment.
- Degree in mechanical/electrical engineering, environmental engineering, sustainable design, and construction, or similar.
- Hands-on experience of delivering complex projects within the built environment, building services or engineering, development of low and zero carbon energy strategies. Good understanding of building services, their operation, and applicability.
- Ability to assess technical data and architectural drawings. Competency in IES VE, AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office packages is essential.
- Accredited CIBSE LCEA Level 5 assessor (or working towards achieving it within 3-6 months).
- Good working knowledge of energy modelling including asset and operational ratings/assessments, UK energy and sustainability policy framework and legislation (Building Regulations).
- Experience in delivering Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) assessments, providing domestic and non-domestic Part L compliance advice
- Climate change (adaptation and resilience) and sustainable development (buildings and masterplans) advice, experience in carrying out indoor environment quality assessments such as thermal comfort, glare and daylighting.
- Ability to help to create and build successful client relationships.
- Google SketchUp, Python, MATLAB, VBA, Rhino
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.