11 Jul Operations & Commercial Manager – Energy Efficiency Projects
Our client is a rapidly expanding energy services consultancy that typically works with significant corporate businesses with large energy spends across multiple sites. They provide a range of services across energy projects, bill validation, energy bureau, procurement & risk, energy analysis and compliance for a range of house-hold names.
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations and Commercial Manager to join their growing energy projects team. Reporting into the Projects Director you will be responsible for the coordination of project information and the smooth running of the project business where is common place to be running several large national energy efficiency projects at once, with up to 75 operatives in the field.
Working with a team of Project Managers, a Project Office Manager and Project Administration Team, you will play an integral part in;
- Developing and implementing processes and systems to allow project work to be efficiently planned, tracked and reported on;
- Collating and providing management reporting regarding project progress;
- Facilitating efficient collection of data required for business cases, customer reporting and work sign-off;
- Managing commercial relationships with equipment and installation providers;
- Central coordination of compliance and health and safety;
- Planning of stock and equipment required for projects;
Ideally you will:
- Have experience of working in a service/field service business (ideally energy related)
- Have knowledge of good working practise in key trades (mostly electrical work)
- Have sound knowledge of commercial principles and managing commercial risk.
- Demonstrate good analytical and technical skills (the work is often across hundreds of sites with large asset bases, so working with large amounts of data is key)
- Experience of managing projects that represent several million pounds of revenue, and reporting to clients on progress;
- Demonstrate ability to work well in the context of our broader team.