19 Nov Portfolio Company Accelerator – Climate Action and Circularity, Private Capital
London / New York
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting a global investment business that invests in, develops and owns companies across multiple regions, sectors and business models.
Working with investments teams as well as the portfolio companies, the successful incumbent will work across a range of sectors including Healthcare & Life Sciences, TMT & Services. With, in the region, of $39billion AUM in private capital alone, we’re looking for an autonomous and passionate individual who can work globally with the portfolio companies as well as carrying out circularity and climate due diligence.
We’re ideally looking for candidates who have a consultancy background who can work with and drive change at a plethora of different companies all at different stages of their sustainability journey. You probably be a Senior Consultant or at Associate / Associate Director level and have good literacy around the carbon agenda and the likes of SBTi.
There is flexibility over location but the preference is for London or New York.
With an ambition to be at the forefront of climate action, circularity and a regenerative economy in the private equity and alternative investment community, our client acknowledges that global GHG emissions must be reduced by 50% by 2030 and now has a validated science-based carbon target.
With a SBT that requires the organisation to accelerate and support the portfolio companies in with the adoption of science-based carbon targets, the business also has financing requirements to ensure their portfolio companies execute on these science-based carbon targets in line with their committed reduction trajectory. Finally, they have a pool of circa 140 SMEs, that would like support with accelerated climate action, circularity and regenerative solutions. This new role will drive the execution of these ambitions.
- Operate as our clients centre of excellence on climate action, carbon reduction and circularity within the Private Capital business line, working closely with our Deal Teams and Portfolio Companies to deliver demonstrable carbon reduction on an absolute and intensity basis
- Responsible for execution of the science-based carbon target within Private Capital, working closely with the Group Senior Climate Leader, the Deal teams, the portfolio companies and outsourced providers to achieve this goal. This target requires the company to accelerate and support portfolio companies with the adoption of science-based carbon targets.
- Responsible for the future development of carbon reduction and climate action support -including Playbooks – for the SMEs in the Ventures Funds, and enabling their potential alignment to the (UN) SME Climate Commitment
- Ensure that climate action and carbon reduction is systematically integrated into the full value creation process, from due diligence to PPR to exit, including direct support to deal teams to ensure carbon and climate transition risks and opportunities are priced in and valued
- Responsible for execution of our 100% renewable electricity procurement target, and associated financing facilities, working closely with outsourced providers. Once achieved, work closely with colleagues in Infrastructure and Real estate to unlock further renewables additionality (e.g. PPAs) for their high consuming or long hold portfolio companies
- Working closely with the Group Climate Leader, responsible for establishing future net zero carbon, TCFD, renewables and offsetting projects across Private Capital
- Working closely with the Group, responsible for establishing future workstreams related to circular economy and nature/biodiversity across our portfolio companies
- Support the Future Fund with its 5’C impact linked carry objective, which requires their large portfolio companies to adopt and execute science based carbon targets
- Work with the Portfolio Company Sustainability Accelerator, the Group sustainability team and wider Network to design and roll out ongoing programmes of carbon reduction and climate risk literacy for portfolio companies and Advisors
- Close liaison with Group Sustainability Team, who have overarching responsibility for setting and executing our climate action strategy, including science-based target and net zero goals
- Work with the Climate Tech sub-sector leader and investment professionals to scale adoption of climate tech investments across all portfolio companies
- Reports to MD/D - Sustainability Advisory, Private Capital and broader member of the Private Capital Sustainability Team