17 Jan Principal Engineer (Flood Risk Management)
A new opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Consultant to join a leading global consultancy at Principal level to support and lead large projects mainly for Local Authorities, Infrastructure and Water Companies.
With a focus on Flood Risk Appraisal and Flood Risk Management (urban, fluvial and surface water), you will offer technical leadership in the design of structural and non-structural solutions. You will also act as a mentor to develop less experienced team members. Finally you will manage business relationships with clients.
- Technical leadership of flood risk appraisal projects, including oversight of hydrological, hydraulic and environmental inputs
- Design team leadership including co-ordinating outline and detailed design of flood risk management solutions
- Appraisal of flood risk costs and benefits
- Technical and business case reporting
- Technical development of less experienced engineers in the team
- Liaising with clients, hydraulic modellers, project managers and other design team members
- Task management
- Lead (or support) on tender development
This position requires a strong civil engineering background or similar with experience in Flood Risk Management and the ability to coordinate multi-disciplinary teams.
Our client will consider candidates looking for reduced or flexible hours. Specific arrangements and support will be discussed on a case by case basis.