26 Jan Principal/Technical Director – Ecology
To support their development strategy and growing business, our client is looking for a Principal Ecologist or Technical Director to be based from the Leeds office.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong and very well regarded team of Ecologists within a company that offers excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements are welcome.
With a degree in ecology or similar, full MIEEM and eligibility for CEnv, you will be able to demonstrate;
- Experience of most aspects of ecological projects
- Thorough understanding of biodiversity legislation pertinent to the UK and Europe
- Capability of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice
- Accountability, flexibility, adaptability and reactivity
- Good IT skills
You will be responsible for;
- Leading and mentoring a team of ecologists working on a variety of projects.
- Ecological project management.
- Business development.
- Preparation of ecological impact studies, feasibility studies, and scheme reports for projects.
- Resolution of technical issues as they occur fora range of areas across projects and for the monitoring of progress