26 Oct Solar Project Manager
We at Lewis Davey are currently recruiting for a Solar Project Manager operating in the UK for a leading Solar EPC Company, this position will be based within construction team to manage major client projects, you will work closely with the site engineers and design team and will report to the Senior PM and Director of Projects.
▪ Managing a project from inception to completion, ensuring that it is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
▪ Undertake site surveys to establish local conditions which impact solar plant design, as well as researching local supply costs for inclusion in the project budget
▪ Work with the Design & Engineering Team to review all project documents and information provided by a Client/developer, and throughout the design process
▪ Work with the Senior Project Manager and Projects Director to prepare a detailed project budget, which needs to be closely monitored throughout the life of the project
▪ Develop a detailed programme of works (PoW) to track progress
▪ Preparation of Client, supplier and subcontractor contracts
▪ Manage and supervise Site Engineers and Subcontractors PoW and scope
▪ Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources
▪ Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly progress reports both internally and for our Clients
▪ Manage project implementation activities, ensuring QHS&E standards are met
▪ Perform risk assessments on the project and proactively solve any matters encountered on site in conjunction with the Site Engineer (escalating to the Project Director if required)
▪ Report to the Senior Project Manager any deviations from the PoW, budget or scope
▪ Manage the relationship with the Client, Suppliers and Subcontractors, as well as internal teams
▪ Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation ▪ Handover of the project to the internal O&M team
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering fields
▪ Certification in Project Management e.g. PMP / PRINCE II is considered an advantage
▪ Proven track record in the construction of solar parks, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in large scale solar plants (min. 15MW).
▪ English national or bilingual proficiency level of English language, both spoken and written
▪ Fluency in other languages will be considered as an advantage
▪ Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
▪ Strong working knowledge of MS Office
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.