01 Jul Energy Engineer – Renewables & Carbon
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Renewable Projects Engineer within the built environment to join a strategic Energy team in an established, award-winning, professional, multi-disciplinary engineering practice with a passion for excellence, innovation, and environmental sustainability.
We're looking for strategic thinkers who have an at least 6 months experience and, ideally a couple of years, of working across areas such as renewable energy, energy demand and supply and carbon consultancy. It's vital you have knowledge of renewables and energy efficiency in the built environment.
You will have the opportunity to improve your knowledge, skills, experience, and work with some of the world’s greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of small to medium-scale projects. Also, you will represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations.
- Honours Degree in strategic and/or renewable engineering with two years of relevant post-graduation experience.
- A good technical understanding of energy generation and infrastructure solutions as well as the current energy landscape.
- An appreciation of heat and power networks/infrastructure.
- Comfortable communicating directly with clients to understand their particular needs and be able to respond to them.
- A team player, who is able to contribute to the development of the Energy team and the company as a whole.
- Awareness of current UK Government energy policy and incentives.
- Comfortable writing reports for senior client representatives, which often cover complex issues, in a succinct manner.