06 Nov Energy & Renewables Consultant
Are you interested in working with a diverse client base that includes Local Authorities, Commercial and Industry, landowners and developers?
Would working across Energy Storage, Flexibility (EFR, DSR), Electric Vehicles, solar, anaerobic digestion and multiple renewable energy and clean technology appeal to you?
Due to continued growth within our clients Leeds based energy team, an opportunity has arisen for an Energy & Renewables Consultant to play an active role in the the identification, negotiation, acquisition and development of energy projects across the UK. In this varied role, you will take projects through from initial conception through feasibility, design, planning & construction to successful operation.
You will have the opportunity to work across a broad service line including but not limited to Land Assembly, Grid Consultancy, Planning & Consenting, Energy Brokerage, Asset Management, Development Consultancy, Valuation & Due Diligence and Agency.
Ideally you will have some exposure to valuations and technical due diligence. You’ll be able to value assets off a model, ideally have exposure to building models, mapping incomes streams and modelling plants and assets across a wide range of renewable energy and energy storage technology. It’s vital you have sound knowledge of energy technologies, and the various technical and environmental constraints involved. Applicants should possess solid Project management and communication skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, negotiation and agreeing heads of terms and option & lease agreements.
- Completing detailed investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Identifying and delivering / referring / executing brokerage opportunities.
- Developing contacts, sites and schemes and undertaking professional consultancy and project management work in own right.
- Attending project meetings and site visits.
- Project managing external consultants, developers and stakeholder liaison.
- Drafting press articles, publications, newsletters and research documents.
- Attending industry shows and events to promote and develop business.
- Public speaking, including seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders across commercial, planning and development;
- Screening of potential energy development sites.
- Preparation, submission, and management of grid connection applications, and liaison with the Distribution Network Operators and the National Grid to secure favourable grid connections.
- Advising clients on the outcomes of budget and firm grid connection offers, and negotiating payment
- Completion and / or review of screening and feasibility studies reporting on site suitability.
- The preparation, submission and / or review of planning applications, including liaison with Planning Officers and consultants, and drafting of supporting statements.
Ideally applicants will be a member of RICS or similar professional body, commercially astute with sound professional knowledge and client focus. The role requires someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated, a team player with excellent organisational skills. A full driving license is required.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.