18 Nov Senior Consultant – Climate Risk
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting JLL as they look to further expand the Upstream Sustainability Services team. This is a great opportunity to join the team as a Senior Consultant focused on Climate Risk.
You’ll be joining what is probably the longest standing business operating within sustainability and commercial real estate and which has been at the heart of transformational change within the industry. This role will appeal to those that enjoy the variety of consultancy but also enjoy working very closely with a business.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation – from identifying, assessing and managing climate risk, responding to the best practice recommendations of The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and ensuring our clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
What this job involves
- Pivotal role within the climate risk and TCFD service line taking multiple clients through the climate risk management and TCFD implementation journeys
- Developing approaches to help our clients understand, manage and report on their climate related risks in line with the TCFD framework
- Project management of climate risk and TCFD projects managing time, budgets, resourcing and delivering effectively for our clients
- Client account management working to grow and expand our retainer clients
- Business development for climate risk and TCFD services and a wide range of Upstream services to existing and new clients
- Supporting to develop, shape and enhance our service offering for clients
- Providing well-crafted recommendations and action plans and bringing the climate risk management plan to life through engagement with the client’s internal teams, their property managers and contractors.
- Contributing to the management of the climate risk team and resourcing
- Engagement across JLL business lines to increase awareness on climate-related risks and support the upskilling of internal and external teams
- Engagement across JLL to cross-sell consulting services
Sound like you? Our expectations are that you will have most of the following:
- A good understanding of key sustainability issues for real estate including, but not limited to; climate related risk, Net Zero Carbon, Science-based targets, TCFD, UNPRI, GRESB and strategic carbon reduction plans
- Experience in undertaking climate risk assessments or developing TCFD disclosures for clients
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Strong account management skills and building successful client relationships
- Experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders, one-to-one or in facilitated workshops
- Experience working with corporate clients, commercial property, and property and asset managers
- Excellent ability to build relationships with clients and their internal teams
- Experience working in a collaborative way with clients and other stakeholders to develop ambitious and robust sustainability programmes
- Awareness of the developments of the carbon-related legislative landscape, and experience in helping clients respond to these
- Attention to detail and accuracy in written and numeric work
- Team-oriented with proven ability to lead and foster good working relationships, and to promote team development and individual growth
- Ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from employees at all levels
- Passionate about working towards a sustainable future
- Relevant degree and/or masters
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together. As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us in advance.