04 Mar Senior Consultant – Energy and Sustainability
Senior Consultant – Energy and Sustainability
Interested in working on net zero carbon and circular buildings projects? Keen to work with top developers and real estate companies? Familiar with corporate and project level strategies?
Lewis Davey is working with an environment and sustainability consultancy who’s discipline is based on a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment. With extensive experience in facilitating the delivery of truly sustainable developments, taking a holistic approach to design development; this organisation works in partnership with their clients, provide an innovative approach.
With a wide range of clients and projects, our client is involved in key regeneration and strategic projects across the UK. Expanding the team, Lewis Davey is recruiting for a forward-looking and well-informed Senior Consultant – Energy and Sustainability to support the strategy development and delivery of a range of projects. Thus, from developing energy strategies, carbon footprints, transitioning to a circular economy, supporting compliance and wider sustainability target setting. As Senior Consultant, you will work with the clients through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Coordinate expertise to deliver whole life net zero strategies, including embodied carbon analysis of design and construction activities.
- Ability to input to wider sustainability design advice, setting core principles across topics based on best practice innovation.
- Confidently and clearly author technically accurate and understandable outputs and be able to present and discuss with client teams as well as project teams.
- Communicating complex sustainability strategies and goals with clients, design teams, contractors and suppliers
- Preparation of planning strategies (energy, overheating, circular economy) to meet different council requirements
- Design advice and modelling to assess building performance and indoor environmental conditions (e.g. daylight, overheating, thermal comfort
- Liaising with clients to discuss and outline different sustainable design solutions
What you will need to succeed
- Strong problem-solving skills and ideally experience developing solutions in a busines context
- Knowledge off building fabric elements related to energy efficiency
- Competent in IES VE software
- CIBSE TM54 thermal modelling. Ideally familiar with IES Apache HVAC and DfP modelling
- Familiar with Part L/SAP modelling
- Up to date with proposed chances to current regulations
- An understanding of BREEAM and specifically the Energy related credits
- Knowledge of PassivHaus Standard (certification not essential)
- Good understanding of the UKGBC and LETI standards for NZC buildings
As Energy and Sustainability Senior Consultant, you will be supporting the team with direct technical delivery based on a defined project scope; and also be expected to lead the delivery of some projects, requiring good organisational and management skills. Good communication and analytical skills will be essential, as will be the ability to write technical environmental reports, to manage projects as well as an aptitude for business development.
In return the Client will support your personal and professional development, with excellent career prospects and a competitive package.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.