27 Jul Senior Consultant – Responsible Investment
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting an international carbon boutique that works across a variety of industries as they look to recruit a Senior Consultant to focus on financial services and responsible investment.
Working across the whole value chain from net zero strategy through to reporting & disclosures and implementation to carbon offsetting & removals, you’ll be joining a passionate and purpose driven business working across carbon, energy and sustainability management.
As a Senior Consultant – Responsible Investment, the successful incumbent will join the advisory team which is working with businesses to help the, define and implement their climate strategy.
Working as part of a wider team with a service offering to support each stage of the corporate Net Zero journey, you will be supporting the continued development of our Net Zero service offering, specifically across our climate services linked to the financial services sector.
Reporting to the Director of Advisory, Northern Europe, the Senior Consultant will oversee piloting and/or contributing to various advisory projects, primarily with financial institutions (banks, asset managers, institutional investors, etc.).
In order to support financial institutions in integrating climate issues into their activities, this role will be responsible for:
- Assessment of the carbon impact of investments and financing on portfolios of financial or real assets.
- Analysing client investments, needs and proposing creative and innovative solutions, both in terms of technical as well as marketing expertise.
- Supporting on the commercial development of the "Sustainable Finance" sector
- Building, developing and sustaining customer relationships, contributing to customer proposals, defining the parameters and implementing client projects.
- Alignment of client goals with the Paris Agreement (SBT).
- Evaluation and identification of climate risks associated with investment.
- Evaluation the contribution to low-carbon and resilient transition.
- Climate reporting: Taxonomy, PRA, Article 29, NFRD, CDP, TCFD.
- Development of a climate strategy ("net zero") and associated action plan.
Within an international team, the Senior Consultant is encouraged to develop his or her skills in sustainable finance through market research, regulatory analysis and knowledge sharing and will include:
- Participation in scientific, technical and regulatory monitoring
- Networking with other members of the community and participating in national or international professional events
- Co-constructing a vision, an annual roadmap
- Keeping up to date on issues, news, issues and regulations, collaborating in research and innovation studies
- Designing knowledge management processes and actions to promote the skills development of teams
In addition to the above, this role will be responsible for conducting resource planning/skills assessments with other members of staff and monitor utilisation levels to manage optimum project staffing as well as line management/ mentoring.
Applicants should have significant experience within the sustainability sector including but not limited to
- Substantial professional experience in the sustainability sector, specifically within the field of sustainable finance, acquired within a specialised consulting firm or ESG teams of a financial institution.
- Experience of at least one of the following areas of activity is essential: carbon footprint of financial or real asset portfolios, alignment methodologies for financial actors (i.e. SBTi Finance, PACTA), climate risk modelling.
- Knowledge of regulatory contexts related to climate change is essential.
- Beyond his or her technical skills, the candidate has a good command of project management. He or she demonstrates good interpersonal skills with customers and has an appetite for the development of the business.
- Excellent grasp of Excel and/or programming languages (Python, R) is appreciated.
Applicants should have some experience of working in a consultative manner possess excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to manage complex project deliveries across multiple simultaneous client engagements.