13 Jan Senior Consultant / Associate – Social Value
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting JLL as they look to further expand the Upstream Sustainability Services team. This is a great opportunity for a Social Value or Social Impact expert to join the team as a Senior Consultant and play a leading role in developing the service line. This will include playing an active part in building the tool kit as it becomes more automated.
You’ll be joining what is probably the longest standing business operating within sustainability and commercial real estate and which has been at the heart of transformational change within the industry.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. As a Fortune 500 company, working across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 80,000 individuals, the firm helps organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We have a global network of over 350 dedicated sustainability and renewables specialists and employ a further 1,550 professionals with energy and sustainability accreditations. In 2019, we became the first UK property consultancy to sign up to a net zero carbon target. By 2030, all of our occupied buildings will operate at net zero carbon, and we have targets in place to support our clients in achieving the same.
At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions.
Upstream Sustainability Services, is the UK sustainability consultancy practice within JLL, the global professional services and investment management firm specialising in real estate. Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation – from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance, managing socio-economic impacts and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer. We use our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients within the real estate sector to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
You can see our track record and our ambitions on our Transforming Real Estate site and our thoughts and views in our latest magazine. The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to high-profile clients and highly engaging and supportive colleagues. Our Upstream Spirit encapsulates 12 values of how we operate which include excellence, innovation, fun and inclusive; aimed at creating the best working environment possible for our team. More than just written values, we plan activities, training, and outputs to help us live them. Along with our leading consultancy work and Social Committee, we aim to make working at Upstream fulfilling and purpose driven.
About the Role:
Since 2012, we have significantly grown our socio-economic consultancy services. We create social sustainability strategies for developers, portfolio owners, and investors so they can understand, measure, and plan for the creation of positive contributions to society and the economy while feeding back into their business strategy. We also provide complete lifecycle assessments of impacts of real estate projects and acquisitions, the operation of buildings and at a corporate/portfolio level - measuring actual impacts retrospectively and predicting and mitigating future impacts.
We are seeking an experienced consultant to join our team to build on our track record and expand our expertise in this area. Your responsibility will be to manage, deliver and develop our socio-economic services, as well as helping to win new business and publicise our capability to clients and other stakeholders.
In addition, you will have responsibility for account managing a number of clients – developing those relationships, supporting delivery of services and growing the accounts.
- Project management and delivery of social sustainability strategies, socio-economic impact assessments and other social sustainability services to deadline and budget, including client account management and management of external sub-contractors/stakeholders
- Work under minimal supervision to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client ready outputs e.g. written and data reports
- Development, evolution, and innovation of the socio-economic service in line with evolving industry best practice, legislation and client demand
- Leading on business development for socio-economic consultancy including ownership of new business targets
- Marketing and promotion of our socio-economic expertise to relevant stakeholders
- Managing key relationships, including clients, partner suppliers, business development, project management, project delivery
- Working with industry bodies to help shape the future of social value, socio-economic assessments, and social impacts in real estate
- Ad-hoc work across the sustainability agenda as you work with the rest of the Upstream team
- Passionate about sustainability and social progress
- ~5 years’ experience in relevant work. For example, in social impact, environmental impact assessment, planning consultancy, economic consultancy or a community manager role
- Academic or technical knowledge in sustainability and/or social impact assessment
- Ability to review quantitative models and qualitative analysis, interpret results and clearly convey them in reports. In particular using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving skills and experience developing holistic solutions in a business context
- Excellent project management skills and ability to take ownership of client deliverables
- Excellent team-working, and ability to contribute towards a positive team dynamic
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client management skills, with the ability to work to client determined deadlines
What can you expect when you join?
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things. As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Through our leading sustainability commitments, everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow.
Upstream, along with the whole of JLL, are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across our organisation. When you join Upstream, you can expect to be supported by your colleagues and management staff. There are also a number of networks (e.g. apprentice, gender, LGBT+, neurodiversity, race & ethnicity and working parents) where you can share thoughts and ideas and raise these to management. We have also introduced both mental health and diversity first-aiders. These are members of staff, who are not your managers, who can provide anonymous support and be a point of contact to discuss any issues you may be experiencing. Alongside this, as part of the Upstream Spirit, we have a designated Wellbeing Lead who aims to ensure the wellbeing of the team is stewarded and has a voice.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences.
JLL is an Equal Opportunities Employer and encourages applications from all sections of the community. We are recognised by Stonewall as one of Britain’s top 100 LGBT-inclusive employers, and one of the UK’s Top 10 employers for Social Mobility by the Social Mobility Foundation. More on JLL’s D&I commitment can be found online. Keep those ambitions in sight and imagine where JLL can take you...
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.