17 Oct Senior Energy Manager – Client Account
Embedded Energy & Sustainability Manager
Excellent opportunity for a seasoned Energy Manager or Energy & Sustainability Manager with experience of working with property owners / real estate investors to work client-side on behalf of a global real estate business.
The predominate focus of this role is on energy management but since you will be leading on delivery for reporting and wider sustainability in addition to energy management, it’s important that you can demonstrate a skill-set and appetite for wider sustainability.
With a strong focus on M&E, the successful applicant will optimise the operation of the properties under management. You will be able to demonstrate a history of achievement of doing so and benefit from detailed knowledge of energy related benchmarking and reporting systems/frameworks commonly used by property owners (including GRESB, REEB, INREV, etc) as you will be responsible for building and portfolio level reporting and benchmarking activities associated with the particular client account.
Reporting to the Head of Sustainability and working closely with various stakeholders within the business and the account in a collaborative manner, you will play a key role in tracking the implementation of sustainability actions and enable the client to draw data and information on these sustainability activities for internal quarterly reporting and annual external disclosures.
You will need to be highly organised and an excellent negotiator, ensuring project deliverables are clear and achievable when agreed and then delivered on time. You will have a sound understanding of environmental and sustainability issues in regard to buildings, and be ready to further this.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Playing an integral role in developing and owning the overall energy and sustainability strategy for the client account;
- Acting as first point of contact for all energy and sustainability client queries regarding buildings in the client portfolio;
- Attend regular client meetings;
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with members of the client team on both the client side and internally;
- Working with the client, their advisors, site staff and the wider supply chain for optimising building performance across the client portfolio, in line with agreed client targets, preferred benchmarks and requirements;
- Advising on OPEX and CAPEX strategies for reducing energy consumption at the building and portfolio level;
- Advising on existing and new technologies/solutions for improving building energy performance
- Project management of improvement strategies and projects at both the building and portfolio level
- Advising on building and portfolio level energy performance benchmarking and target setting
- Overseeing the delivery of energy and sustainability reporting activities on the account, including:
- Quarterly Sustainability Reports at fund and asset level – directing input from Surveyors and
- Facility Manager networks
- Overseeing delivery of data analysis and reports. Working with colleagues and the client’s appointed advisors to ensure data accuracy and identify actions and next steps.
- Co-ordinate and maintain annual sustainability action plan lists for all relevant properties
- Provide client with complete and accurate datasets for purposes of disclosing to GRESB, REEB, CRC and others
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Ad hoc data collection exercises, often using structured spreadsheets
- Work closely with other members of the Sustainability team to coordinate and deliver projects and initiatives across the wider sustainability agenda for your client.
- Co-ordinate assessments and certifications (with Surveyors and Facility Manager networks and framework contractors), including: EPCs and minimum energy performance standards, Air Conditioning Inspections, ESOS audits and Voluntary certificates: DECs, BREEAM, SKA.
Applicants should benefit from significant experience of technical energy management and building optimisation, ideally from an M&E background. You will be able to move between thinking and operating at a strategic level and working at a detailed technical level as this will be a daily requirement of the role. Applicants should possess confidence in using existing information management systems and platforms, as well as making suggested improvements to these, but also developing and using own ad hoc systems where necessary. You will be familiar with advanced Data analysis skills and possess strong experience of energy and carbon reporting.