08 Nov Senior Net Zero Consultant
Senior Net Zero Consultant
Are you passionate about reducing energy? Looking at GHG and SBT with a broader sustainability context? Are you keen to be client-facing and work across a diverse range of projects? Identifying Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues? Want to be part of an organisations who works flexibly, pragmatically and openly, with a true spirit of partnering and collaboration? This is an excellent opportunity that offers Flexible home working and we welcome applications from candidates who wish to work part-time.
Lewis Davey working with a consultancy specialises in providing services that deliver environmental, cost and operational benefits across the whole asset base in all types of organisations. We are looking to speak with Senior Consultants who are passionate about reducing energy; looking at GHG And SBT with broader sustainability context, considering the socio-economic and environmental impacts of carbon mitigation and adaptation.
A client-facing role working across a diverse range of projects, helping to undertake a Net Zero ‘Gap Analysis’. Delivering environmental and sustainability assignments, such as working on waste minimisation audits, Identifying Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues, analysing the data to identify patterns and trends, relationships between resource use and GHG emissions in relation to Net Zero targets, including formal Science Based Targets.
You will join a team where you will be supported and mentored to develop your own skills and experience. Encouraged to contribute to the organisation’s wider aims and objectives and to share your knowledge with others. A wide variety of clients, sectors and projects ensures a varied workload which brings fresh and interesting challenges.
Our client believes people are the key to their success and create an environment in which individuals can grow, flourish and develop their potential. The ethos and culture is open, friendly and supportive and they work flexibly to accommodate individual needs. Always encouraging a healthy work/life balance.
- Take responsibility for the project or assignment as directed by the Sustainability Director or Project Manager
- Deliver work of a high quality, often to demanding timescales, which meets the agreed scope of work
- Support other members of the team as required to meet personal, team and company objectives
- Comply with the company’s ISO 9001:2015 accredited Documented Management System (DMS), ISO 50001:2018 accredited Energy Management System (EnMS) and B Corp accreditation requirements
- To communicate effectively and openly with all levels of staff and customer organisations
- To work closely with the Director of Sustainability (and deputise when required) in continuing to build a strong team and a strong reputation and track record with our customers
The work will be varied, as dictated by customers’ and company requirements and will include:
- Delivering Net Zero (Scopes 1, 2 and 3) assignments. Typically these will require:
- Working with customers to agree a ‘Programme Charter’
- Helping to undertake a Net Zero ‘Gap Analysis’
- Collecting and analysing customer data to identify carbon emissions and develop sector-appropriate Science Based Targets.
- Helping to analyse supply chain data and devise ‘process-based’ supplier engagement approaches
- Preparing a Net Zero ‘Business Case’
- Preparing a Net Zero ‘Roadmap’
- Supporting the customer to implement the plan
- Monitoring performance and reporting against the plan
- Writing a professional report and / or preparing PowerPoint presentations
- Presenting to customer management, divisions/teams
- Delivering environmental and sustainability assignments. These could typically include:
- Waste minimisation audits linked to improving sustainable procurement practice
- Identifying ‘environmental aspects and impacts ’towards setting-up or refreshing customers’ environmental management systems
- Identifying Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues, impacts and opportunities including both corporate activities and investment strategies
- Collecting a range of environmental and related cost data
- Analysing the data to identify patterns and trends, relationships between resource use and GHG emissions in relation to Net Zero targets, including formal Science Based Targets
- Working with clients to develop and implement effective supplier engagement strategies towards supply chain net zero.
- Identifying environmental performance improvement opportunities within a broader sustainability context
- Working with client teams, often on-site, to implement projects to reduce adverse environmental impacts and realise opportunities for environmental and related socio-economic gains
- Delivering Behaviour Change assignments
- Project Management of assignments, i.e. implementing, environmental and Net Zero projects on customers sites
- Identifying and qualifying sales prospects for development (by the Senior Consultant or other members of the company) into potential sales opportunities
- Identifying and supporting the delivery of further business opportunities within their customer portfolio.
What you will need to succeed
- SBT sector-specific development, helping clients to submit their data and evidence to the SBTi
- A good understanding of both GHG ‘offsetting’ and ‘insetting’
- Good understanding of how to apply the Global Goals for Sustainable Development for achieving ESG good practice
- Experience of both developing, as well as supporting, the implementation of Net Zero strategies
- Self-starter and able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- A team player
- Well-developed customer facing skills including relationship development
- Demonstrable ability to credibly engage with customers at a senior level
- Strong project management skills
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Computer literate, with good knowledge of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
Qualifications / Professional practice
- Recognised degree in a relevant technical or business discipline
- Minimum of five years’ experience in greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting within a broader sustainability context, i.e. considering the socio-economic and environmental impacts of carbon mitigation and adaptation
- A minimum of 2 years of this should be client-facing in a consultancy environment undertaking varied assignments for a diverse range of customers
- Intimate knowledge of relevant standards including ISO 50001, ISO 14000 series including ISO14064/65/66 and especially ISO14067:2018 (GHG LCA) and the GHG Protocol suite of global standards and guidance.
- Membership of a recognised professional body such as IEMA or the Energy Institute (Desirable)
- Holder of an academic or professional qualification related to resource efficiency or circular economy (Desirable)
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.