13 Jan Senior Sustainability Consultant (Environmental Design)
Senior Sustainability Consultant (Environmental Design)
Are you a Sustainability Consultant? Specialise in Environmental Design? Working to and delivering decarbonisation targets?
Lewis Davey are recruiting for a Senior Sustainability Consultant specialising in Environmental Design to join the expanding team of a leading global consultancy. An opportunity to work with high profile clients, this role offers progression both professionally and personally within the industry. As Senior Sustainability Consultant, you will collaborate with interdisciplinary client teams and provide leadership to implement change based on best-in-class analysis and real world application experience. Utilise energy simulation software for building optimisation and analysis such as IES-VE and EnergyPlus and provide net zero carbon strategy advice to individual buildings / projects, whilst aligning with and optimising broader net zero portfolio level strategies.
Lewis Davey are keen to speak with individuals who preferably hold the following
- CEng chartership
- Net-Zero Auditing experience
- Embodied carbon modelling / analysis experience e.g. using One Click LCA
- Python programming experience
- Pan-European delivery experience
- ESOS Lead Assessor
- BREEAM Assessor
- Fluency in European languages including French, Italian, German
- Coordinate expertise to deliver whole life net zero strategies, including embodied carbon analysis of design and construction activities.
- Apply in-depth understanding of advanced commercial HVAC systems and building fabric to evaluate options, simulate performance, develop recommendations, prepare financial analyses, and present to clients.
- Maintain and apply an excellent knowledge of building codes and guidance.
- Confidently and clearly author technically accurate and understandable outputs and be able to present and discuss with client teams as well as project teams.
- Ability to input to wider sustainability design advice, setting core principles across topics based on best practice innovation.
- Support the wider Building Optimisation service line, including planning, completion and write-up of technical building level energy audits, and provision of monitoring and tracking of energy usage to assist clients in the management of post-audit improvement management programmes
What you will need to succeed / Essential Qualifications
- Engineering or architecture degree with relevant Masters degree.
- Professional engineering affiliation such as CIBSE, Low Carbon Consultant, ASHRAE etc.
- Experience of IES-VE software and application in UK and European market.
- Depth of technical knowledge of sustainability issues and application to real estate.
- Energy Audit experience with understanding of HVAC systems and building fabric for commercial buildings.
- Detailed understanding of current and forthcoming energy market, legislation and drivers within UK and Europe.
- Ability to work with and manage other members of the team to support delivery of above responsibilities and to lead on project delivery with minimal supervision.
- Establish thought leadership by maintaining leading edge knowledge of sustainability innovation, authoring blog posts, delivering presentations, and identifying opportunities for application in projects.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.