03 Sep Senior Sustainability Consultant
Specialist Sustainability & ESG recruitment firm Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting JLL as they look to recruit a Senior Sustainability Consultant who can creatively take leading edge thinking on Real Estate to FTSE100 and Fortune500 clients. Working with major tech companies and a plethora of other businesses, you’ll play an active role in moving far beyond energy, water and waste and driving clients into the transformational territory with their strategy and operations.
Apply below or contact Lewis Davey on 01392 349 010.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant for the Sustainability Services Team.
Our Team uses our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. We then partner with our clients through implementation – from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance, managing socio-economic impacts and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
To support our team’s ambitions, we are looking to make a new hire at Senior Consultant level to work with our corporate clients
The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to cutting edge strategy development and working with high-profile clients. The role will involve overseeing and working on the development and implementation of sustainability services across a range of our global clients. The activities will be highly varied from visioning, future value creation, materiality reviews, stakeholder engagement, through to the development of key goals and KPIs, and practical implementation through delivery plans.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability as we are; that you are committed to always exceeding your clients’ expectations and that you are able to demonstrate your excellent team-working, communication, analytical and project management skills.
What this job involves
- Understanding a client’s sustainability needs and ambitions, undertaking materiality and peer reviews, and leading stakeholder engagement in order to develop and support the creation of compelling visions and strategies.
- Taking a client through the strategy implementation journey, through well-crafted goals, actions plans, and bringing the strategy to life through engagement.
- Being able to sensitively challenge, through providing insights, future trends, and articulating the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
- Creation of thought leadership pieces for communication, to enhance client offerings, and ensure the team remain at the forefront of emerging thinking.
- Building a strong working relationship with client sustainability teams through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Project management of the delivery of a number of client projects or tasks, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget.
- Oversight of team members in the development and delivery of strategy and implementation projects.
- Business development of our corporate services, growing the offering and client base.
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs.
- Contribute to information and knowledge management systems.
- Support the professional development of junior colleagues, including line management opportunities.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Relevant degree and/or masters
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Strong experience in developing and implementing ambitious sustainability strategies and programmes either from a consultancy or in-house perspective
- Strong experience in strategy planning, building business cases, and demonstrating the value from sustainability.
- Strong experience in bringing a strategy to life through focused implementation programmes, and engagement strategies, running senior level workshops, and training
- Experience with sustainability valuation models, and natural capital accounting would be desirable
- Experience with life cycle assessment methodologies, embedded carbon modelling would be desirable
- Demonstrable track record catalysing change within a large company environment
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, in written, visual and numeric work
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from employees at all levels
- Experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders
- Passionate about supporting business making a step change from business as usual
- Good awareness of a broad range of corporate social and environmental sustainability programmes, including areas such as Science Based Targets and Net Positive goals
- Experience of working with corporate clients, commercial property and an understanding of the landlord and tenant relationship is desirable
- Language ability (European languages) would be beneficial but not essential
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...