03 Jun Senior Sustainability Manager – Environmental Certification
Sustainability Manager – Building Certification & Advisory
London / Flex
We’re delighted to be supporting an international construction and consultancy firm as they look to recruit a Senior Sustainability Manager to lead and support new projects and programmes with high profile corporate clients.
Joining an established responsible business team, this is a unique consultancy role where you will be operating in an advisory capacity and providing support to house-hold corporate names on whether environmental certification across LEED, WELL and BREEAM is the best route forward for them. You’ll also be providing client-facing consultancy on embodied carbon reduction.
You will be responsible for;
- Managing the development of client sustainability strategies on projects and programmes, including agreeing project outcomes and ensuring their delivery by the project team.
- Supporting work winning through bid support, preparation of fee proposals, driving innovation, client liaison, upskilling of colleagues and raising the company’s profile.
- Being an expert and promoting innovation in a particular area of sustainability, such as waste, energy/carbon, water, responsible sourcing of materials, and sustainable buildings. At the same time this person will be a pro-active generalist, able to cover all major issues of sustainability with relevant stakeholders.
- Supporting the drive for the business to be a sustainability leader.
- Translating technical topics into layperson language and articulate the value of sustainability.
- Representing the company at relevant forums and through presentations to clients and working groups.
- Championing sustainability and be a leader, encouraging behavioural change throughout the business.
- Developing innovation and best practice, including clearly communicating these to the wider business and our clients.
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with client and stakeholders including design team members, contractors, sub-contractors and regulators.
We’re looking for great communicators with expert knowledge of the implementation of green
building accreditation schemes, in particular LEED and BREEAM. Ideally you will be qualified as a
LEED AP, WELL AP or BREEAM assessor/AP. You have experience of leading work winning and writing fee proposals and support the bidding process with strong business acumen and are able to translate technical topics into layperson language and articulate the value of sustainability.