11 Jan Senior Sustainability Strategy Consultant
Senior Consultant – Sustainability Strategy
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting JLL as they look to further expand the Upstream Sustainability Services team. This is a great opportunity to work several long term, existing clients that are typically listed REIT’s and/or Private Investors on strategy and implementation.
You’ll be joining what is probably the longest standing business operating within sustainability and commercial real estate and which has been at the heart of transformational change within the industry. This role will appeal to those that enjoy the variety of consultancy but also enjoy working very closely with a business.
About Upstream Sustainability Services, JLL
Our Team, Upstream Sustainability Services, is the UK sustainability consultancy practice within JLL, the global professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We use our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients within the real estate sector to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment. You can see our track record and our ambitions at: http://transformingrealestate.jll.co.uk/. The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to high-profile clients and highly engaging and supportive colleagues.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. As a Fortune 500 company, working across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 80,000 individuals, the firm helps organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant for the Upstream Sustainability Services Business line.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation – from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance, managing socio-economic impacts and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
What this job involves
The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to the practical implementation of sustainable property and ESG strategies, working with high-profile clients. The role will involve overseeing and delivering strategies and the strategic sustainability implementation programmes for our investor and listed REIT clients with operations across the EMEA region. The activities will be highly varied from board-level advice, portfolio environmental performance measurement, carbon footprinting, communications and reporting, risk assessments and practical asset advice. Business development with existing and new clients is a key part of the role, as well as service innovation.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability as we are; that you are committed to always exceeding your clients’ expectations and that you are able to demonstrate your excellent strategic thinking, team-working, communication, analytical and project management skills.
What this job involves
- Challenging our clients through our insights and analysis to develop bold programmes that capture the value of sustainability
- Taking a client through the strategy development and implementation journey, through well-crafted and managed action plans, and bringing the strategy to life through engagement.
- Building a strong working relationship with client property and sustainability teams through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables.
- Project management of the delivery of a number of client programmes or projects, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget.
- Business development of strategy and strategic implementation services - and net zero carbon support where relevant for strategic clients - growing the offering and client base.
- Contributing to the development of our new impact investing / green finance and biodiversity services
- Managing reporting and GRESB-submission projects
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs.
- Contribute to information and knowledge management systems.
- Support the professional development of junior colleagues, including line management opportunities.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Relevant degree and/or masters – e.g. in sustainability, environment, economics, etc
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Strong experience in developing and implementing ambitious sustainability strategies and programmes with ideally a consultancy background
- Ability to oversee the use of excel-based tools for data analysis purposes, including carbon reduction and net zero carbon analysis, as well as biodiversity data
- Financial / investment experience is desirable
- Proven project management experience and excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy, in written, visual and numeric work
- Personable character with an ability to foster good working relationships and good experience of leading individuals or small teams
- Ability to obtain buy-in and engagement from employees at all levels
- Experience liaising with, engaging and presenting to senior business leaders
- Passionate about supporting business making a step change from business as usual
- Good awareness of a broad range of corporate social and environmental sustainability programmes, including areas such as GRESB or other ESG benchmarks, and carbon reporting
- Experience of working with corporate clients, commercial property, property managers and an understanding of the landlord and tenant relationship is desirable
- Language ability (European languages) would be beneficial but not essential
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.