13 Jan Sustainability Consultant – Associate Director – Residential Strategy
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting JLL as they look to further expand the Upstream Sustainability Services team. This is a great opportunity for a Sustainability Consultant at Associate Director level to focus on the development and implementation of corporate and masterplan sustainability strategies for residential and regeneration clients including developers, homebuilders and registered housing providers.
You’ll be joining what is probably the longest standing business operating within sustainability and real estate and which has been at the heart of transformational change within the industry.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Sustainability Associate for the Upstream Sustainability Services Business line.
Our Team, Upstream, uses our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation – from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance, managing socio-economic impacts and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
To support our team’s ambitions, we are looking to make a new hire at Associate level, to be part of our team.
The opportunity to work with us will give you the opportunity to create cutting edge strategy development and work with high-profile clients. The role will involve overseeing and working on the development and implementation of sustainability strategy services across a range of our clients including those in the UK and Europe. The activities will be highly varied from visioning, future value creation, materiality reviews, stakeholder engagement, through to the development of key goals and KPIs, and practical implementation through delivery plans.
The team is currently managing a wide variety of clients and particular strategic support will be required for the delivery of highly ambitious sustainability programmes for regeneration and residential clients.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability as we are, that you are committed to always exceeding your clients’ expectations and that you can demonstrate your excellent team-working, communication, analytical and project management skills.
What this job involves
The role will entail winning, delivering and implementing sustainability strategies for regeneration and residential real estate companies in collaboration with Upstream colleagues as well as supporting the wider Upstream team. This includes:
- Business development of strategy and implementation services, growing the offering and client base
- Project management of the delivery of client projects, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget
- Building strong working relationships with client sustainability teams
- Being able to sensitively challenge clients, through providing insights, future trends, and articulating the value of sustainability to businesses, with an understanding of future value creation.
- Oversight of team members in the development and delivery of strategic and implementation projects
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs
- Contributing to Upstream’s information and knowledge management systems
- Supporting the professional development of junior colleagues, including line management opportunities
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Passionate about sustainability
- Relevant academic/ work experience in the sustainability, consultancy and/or property sector
- Proven track record in developing and implementing ambitious sustainability strategies and programmes either from a consultancy or in-house perspective
- Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to network and build strong client and internal relationships
- Exceptional project management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and ideally experience developing holistic solutions in a business context
- Excellent team-working, and ability to mentor, manage and inspire your colleagues
- Flexible, hard-working and able to multi-task with ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent computer and information system skills; in particular Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the residential property sector is preferable
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package
Location: Warwick Street, London
Please note that Lewis Davey will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries.