25 Jan Sustainability Consultant
Lewis Davey is delighted to be supporting the Upstream Sustainability service line of the international property company JLL, as they look to further expand their team with the recruitment of a Sustainability Consultant.
You’ll be joining what is probably the longest standing business operating within sustainability and commercial real estate and which has been at the heart of transformational change within the industry.
We’re looking for a Sustainability generalist with experience of data, net-zero carbon and sustainability strategy & reporting with, ideally, some exposure to GRESB.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Sustainability Consultant for the Upstream Sustainability Services Business line.
Our Team, Upstream, uses our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment.
Our services begin with helping clients to define compelling visions, create leading strategies and develop challenging targets. Upstream then partners with our clients through implementation – from managing risk, ensuring compliance, driving improvements in environmental performance, managing socio-economic impacts and ensuring clients capture the opportunities sustainability has to offer.
To support our team’s ambitions, we are looking to make a new hire at Consultant level, to work on a number of accounts for UK, European and Middle Eastern commercial property clients and investors.
The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to a number of high profile clients. The role will involve working on and overseeing sustainability performance data analysis, SBT projects and NZC portfolio and asset-level projects, as well as practical implementation of sustainability strategies. By engaging with clients and wider stakeholders at a strategic level, you will help establish their approach to managing sustainability risks and realising opportunities and provide advice and practical hands-on support to help clients implement their sustainability strategy across their portfolio.
Note, although the role requires general awareness of technical sustainability issues, there is no necessity for technical property-level or energy management expertise to fulfil the role successfully.
Our expectation is that you are as passionate about sustainability as we are; that you are committed to always exceeding your clients’ expectations and that you are able to demonstrate your excellent team-working, analytical, project management and communication skills.
What this job involves
- Build a strong working relationship with client sustainability teams and their stakeholders through the provision of accurate and timely advice and deliverables
- Project management and delivery of several client projects or tasks, ensuring a professional relationship and the effective delivery of sustainability services to time and budget
- Oversight of junior team members in their collection, analysis, validation and communication of client sustainability data. This data is environmental, social and financial in nature and is used for both external sustainability reporting and for improving operational building management.
- Interpreting client expectations so that you gather the right information and manipulate it into the outputs required
- Quarterly environmental performance data management and reporting at portfolio level. Assisting clients to formulate strategic sustainability targets for their portfolios, and SBTs and NZC.
- NZC data analysis and modelling, and interrogating and sense checking data inputs and outputs of modelling tools.
- Non-financial reporting-related portfolio data and information management (e.g. GRESB and EPRA reporting).
- Working in a rigorous manner to deliver accurate, high quality, engaging and client-ready outputs e.g. written and data reports.
- Contribute to information and knowledge management.
- Support the professional development of junior colleagues, including line management opportunities.
- Limited amount of business development.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Relevant academic/work experience in the sustainability, consultancy and/or property sector
- Excellent ability to analyse complex quantitative and qualitative sustainability data using excel and other analytical tools, draw robust conclusions and report these accurately and meaningfully
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ideally experience developing solutions in a business context
- Excellent team-working, and ability to contribute towards a positive team dynamic
- Strong communication, interpersonal and client management skills, with the ability to work under pressure to client-determined deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Passionate about sustainability
- Ideally experience with GRESB, CRREM, SBTs and GHG protocol
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
To register your interest, please apply through Lewis Davey.
Please note that we will endeavour to review your application within two weeks and, if there is interest in your candidacy, a Consultant will be in touch. Unfortunately, due to the significant amount of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback so if you have not heard from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest.
Lewis Davey specialise in recruiting talented people across Town Planning, Cleantech & Sustainability and Environmental industries