14 Apr Sustainability Data Consultant
Lewis Davey is delighted to supporting JLL as we look to appoint a Sustainability Data Consultant to work with their market leading Upstream Sustainability service line. If you’re a data-guru with expertise across the likes of VBA, SQL, Tableau and Alteryx and have some exposure to, and a passion for, sustainability and/or carbon, we would love to hear from you.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Sustainability Data Consultant within the Upstream Sustainability business line.
Our Team, Upstream, uses our leading sustainability expertise to support, challenge and inspire our people and clients to create a prosperous economy, a flourishing society and a healthy environment – please see http://transformingrealestate.jll.co.uk/ to see our track record and ambitions.
The opportunity to work with us will provide you with exposure to high-profile clients and highly engaging and supportive colleagues. Enhancing data collection and management systems and processes – internally and externally – are a vital bedrock underpinning the advice and support we provide to clients. Your understanding of sustainability performance measurement, tracking and benchmarking will develop alongside your thirst for the completeness and accuracy of our datasets. All of this will link in with the development and practical implementation of sustainability strategies. By engaging with clients and their contractors at both a strategic and tactical level, you will help establish their approach to managing sustainability risks and realising opportunities to help clients implement sustainability strategy across their portfolio.
Our expectation is that you will use your dedication and diligence to bring meaning to large datasets, so that the actions we and our clients take are well advised. We also hope that our passion for sustainability will rub off on you (if yours is not already highly developed!). As with all of us, we need you to be committed to excellent work for our clients through determination, logical thinking, and team-working.
What this job involves
This role reports to the Associate Director responsible for data management services across Upstream. It will entail working alongside sustainability colleagues in the delivery of work related to client data management, modelling, analysis and reporting. It includes the provision and ongoing management of tools, technologies and processes that support these activities – which are vital to the effective delivery of performance monitoring work across all Upstream Sustainability accounts.
The role also involves engagement and liaison with the providers of our data management platforms (both internal and external) as well as property managers, utility bureaus and utility suppliers, etc.
In this role you get involved in a variety of rewarding areas:
- Forming productive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Driving forward efficiency improvements in the collection, validation and communication of environmental, social and financial data used for management and reporting purposes.
- Assisting with the creation of proposals and taking part in client pitches.
- Producing engaging, well-written reports based upon solid data insights.
- Liaising with internal and external platform users in setting up, configuring and maintaining all aspects of clients’ portfolio data.
- Researching exciting new analytical software and taking part in creating analytics and models.
- Supporting the transition to a Net Zero Carbon future through modelling emissions trajectories.
- The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate:
- Excellent data management skills, including:
- Ability to analyse current processes and make improvements without compromising the completeness, accuracy or timeliness of our datasets.
- Experience, or interest in: complex multi-region data management portals and related business processes, an understanding of fundamental database concepts coupled with practical IT skills.
- Confidence and ability in producing insightful reports in BI systems such as Tableau.
- Sound project management skills - able to manage deadlines and mitigate risks:
- Ability to work autonomously, and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- A methodical and rigorous approach to information-gathering and quantitative data analysis, with the ability to understand detail and to synthesise.
- Good personal & managerial skills – ability to co-ordinate tasks and work with people at all levels:
- Enthusiasm, self-motivation, flexibility and a collaborative approach.
- The ability to learn quickly and to take on board, and act upon, feedback from team members.
- Exhibit time management skills across multiple concurrent projects
- Attention to detail and accuracy in numeric, written and oral work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of the Real Estate and Sustainability sector including basic energy management and carbon emission forecasting
- Excellent data management skills, including:
- The following set of skills/knowledge would be beneficial but not essential:
- Work experience in any of the following sectors:
- Software Development
- Familiarity or use of a general-purpose programming language (such as python)
- VBA and/or SQL
- Knowledge of Tableau would be a bonus
- Knowledge or interest in the ‘Internet of Things’ and ‘smart’ and connected buildings
- Understanding of the software development cycle and testing principles.
- Degree and/or post-graduate qualification or equivalent related to the above.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
To Apply contact Lewis Davey and for more info call 01302 349 010.