04 Jun Sustainability Director – $150,000+ -El Segundo, CA
Are you a sustainability hero looking for your next step? Wanting a diverse Director level role where you can oversee and execute the companies overall sustainability mission? Have you got experience already in retail or consumer goods that you could bring to an organization?
Lewis Davey are seeking a Director of Sustainability who will help lead and execute on the company’s strategic objectives related to social and environmental opportunities across the board – From the supply chain to the day to day. The role requires a deep understanding of current sustainability challenges in the industry, as well as a keen ability to work in a global corporate environment with multiple cross-functional stakeholders. You will have a demonstrated ability to develop a global program to achieve sustainability goals
- Support the company with the development of renewed operating goals toward carbon-neutral, zero waste, 100% renewable energy, and science-based targets for 2030 and beyond; develop programs and initiatives to help achieve goals and establish the correct KPIs to measure performance against goals.
- Partner with Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) to drive strategy development and measurable operating footprint improvements that reduce energy and water use, carbon footprint, and waste generation and recovery.
- Support efforts for TCFD climate risk assessment (2021)
- Partner with Procurement and Compliance to implement a refreshed responsible sourcing and supply chain program aligned with good practice that mitigates company risk.
- Partner with procurement to set a procurement strategy to achieve 2030 sustainable product goals.
- Maintain knowledge of best practices in responsible sourcing and sustainable operations and ongoing competitive and CPG benchmarking to keep abreast of important landscape changes.
- Understand the industry landscape to identify critical competitive needs and actively contribute to shaping the sustainability strategy.
- Review analyst responses to ESG rating agency (CDP, S&P SAM) and (Thesis, Project Gigaton) Regulatory reporting requirements (APCO).
- Support corporate sustainability/citizenship communications.
- Partner and engage with third party associations and/or multi-stakeholder initiatives, as appropriate.
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience within related disciplines and 5+ of those years in a direct sustainability role
- Management and the ability to develop team
- Proven experience in strategic development and implementation
- Proven leadership experience including influencing multidisciplinary cross-functional teams
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills