19 May Sustainability Manager – Client-Side (Derwent London)
Lewis Davey is delighted to be exclusively supporting Derwent London as they look to recruit a Sustainability Manager into the business. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a client-side role for a business that has board level commitment to sustainability at an exciting time as they push their sustainability agenda forward.
Derwent London is the largest real estate investment trust focused on the central London commercial property market, with over 85 buildings valued at over £5bn in 13 London villages. Our core strategy is to acquire and own a portfolio of central London properties that offer significant opportunities to enhance and extract value through refurbishment, regeneration and redevelopment.
Our purpose is to help improve and upgrade the stock of office space in central London, providing above average long-term returns to our shareholders while brining social and economic benefits to all our stakeholders. Moreover, we have committed to becoming a net zero carbon business by 2030.
By setting an open and progressive corporate culture and promoting values that include building lasting relationships, our design-led ethos has created a brand of well-designed, flexible and efficient buildings at affordable rents. These not only help our occupiers attract talent but also revitalise neighbourhoods and benefit local communities. Our approach contributes to workforce wellbeing and helps to maintain London’s place as a leading global business hub.
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Sustainability whilst working with the wider Sustainability Team in helping to deliver the Derwent London sustainability/responsibility/net zero programmes across our investment portfolio (which comprises both our managed and unmanaged properties). It primarily focuses on the management and integration of sustainability/responsibility/net zero agendas into our managed and unmanaged portfolio and engagement with occupiers. In addition, working in tandem with others in the Sustainability Team and wider departments to effectively deliver our various programmes of work. Likewise, supporting the production of various internal and external data reporting requirements/outputs; for example, corporate annual reporting and internal performance management reporting.
In addition, to these focused areas the role will be required to work more generally across the company, liaising with and supporting different departments and teams to ensure sustainability is being effectively driven. Likewise, fulfilling sustainability/responsibility related activities and support that may arise from different parts of the organisation over time.
Key responsibilities for the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Property, Building and Asset Management Teams to ensure the robust and proactive implementation of our sustainability requirements into our investment portfolio to ensure our portfolio aligns with our net zero ambitions and is working towards our requirements.
- Working with our occupiers to illicit behaviour change and ensure our sustainability and net zero ambitions are communicated and understood and effective and engaging relationships are developed which deliver tangible results.
- Being responsible for and managing the effective delivery of the Sustainability Framework for Assets ensuring each project building is incorporating its requirements and targets working with the Property and Building Management Teams to manage the building sustainability plan process.
- Working with others in the team to utilise our resource efficiency databases and data flows to ensure they are kept constantly up to date and accurate but are used effectively to illicit change in the management of our buildings.
- Managing elements of and feeding into the monthly/quarterly sustainability performance and exception reporting dashboards, with a particular emphasis on reporting on the investment portfolio, liaising to ensure timely and accurate population for the Sustainability and Responsible Business Committees.
- Working with others in the team feeding into the annual submissions of the various external investor indices and questionnaires e.g. CDP, GRESB and FTSE4Good.
- Working with others in the team to support the delivery of our community strategy and outreach work.
- Supporting with the production of the annual reporting requirements and participation in the annual non-financial audit assurance process.
- Assisting in any other related sustainability work which may arise.
All applications will be managed by Lewis Davey. Please contact Miles Davey on 01392 349 010 or email@example.com for more details or apply.